Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The Humanity!

Registered
    Oct 2001

The Humanity!

This kind of tomfoolery will get you hanged in Canada. Eh,?

SLIDELL, Louisiana (Reuters) -- Two people left a 15-mile-long- trail of doughnuts after they took a Krispy Kreme truck from a parking lot and fled, police said Thursday.

The truck was parked at a convenience store with its rear doors open and engine running while a deliveryman carried doughnuts inside, said Slidell police spokesman Rob Callahan.

Two suspects hopped in the truck and sped off to the nearby town of Lacombe, with doughnuts spilling out along the way, he said.

They abandoned the truck when they were spotted by police responding to reports of a dangerous driver who was losing his doughnuts. Passenger Rose Houk, 31, was captured, but the driver, whose name was not released, ran away.

Houk told police they had been smoking crack cocaine for several hours before the incident, which occurred Wednesday, said Callahan.

Their motive for taking the Krispy Kreme truck was unclear.

"I don't know if it was a need for transportation or if they just had the munchies," he said.

Copyright 2002 Reuters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Krispy Kremes in the road ain't a hangin' offense. Tim Horton's donuts are much better. I wish I didn't have to drive half way to Windsor to get 'em.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    If they had died during their "getaway" they could have been candidtates for the Darwin Award, by no means the best candidates, but in a slow year who knows, maybe they get in the top 10.

But we can't all be winners, can we?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 06 Aug 2007, 7:18 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 06 Apr 2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last post: 19 Apr 2006, 6:49 PM