Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Good Omen.

Registered
    Feb 2000

Good Omen.

I just had a good omen today. A Guiness delivery truck aggressively followed me for about 15 miles today. What does it mean? Good times ahead?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    It means you should have practiced some road rage, and hijaked it.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Good Omen.

Originally posted by Budgie
    What does it mean? Good times ahead?
    To turn a Good Omen into the actualization of a dream, one must pray and offer sacrifice to the appropraiate gods and dieties. The first step has occurred - the Good Omen. The next step is up to you - what shall you sacrifice? Then, after the sacrificial offering, you will receive the gifts of your work. Believe! If not, then you are not worthy to drink Guinness.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Re: Good Omen.

I just had a good omen today. A Guiness delivery truck aggressively followed me for about 15 miles today. What does it mean? Good times ahead?
    Yes it does mean good times ahead. You will survive a binge of drinking at Rumpy's
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2000

Re: Re: Good Omen.

Originally posted by Wanigas?
    To turn a Good Omen into the actualization of a dream, one must pray and offer sacrifice to the appropraiate gods and dieties. The first step has occurred - the Good Omen. The next step is up to you - what shall you sacrifice? Then, after the sacrificial offering, you will receive the gifts of your work. Believe! If not, then you are not worthy to drink Guinness.
    I am up to the task. I'll sacrifice a 12 pack of Guiness and 12 pints of Stampede Stout at the High Noon Saloon. I'll let you know what my "gifts" are next week. Hopefully a sweet young lass on my knee. I can only pray to the beer god.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    woulda been better if it followed you home!

Budgie to wife: "but it followed me home honey!" I'll treat it real good and drink when i can."

Wife to Budgie: " NO you can't keep it, what will the nieghbors think?!"

Budige to wife: "I'll put it in the back yard, no one will notice!"

wife to Budgie: "well, OK, just as long as you finish ALL of it!"
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Originally posted by martini
    woulda been better if it followed you home!

Budgie to wife: "but it followed me home honey!" I'll treat it real good and drink when i can."

Wife to Budgie: " NO you can't keep it, what will the nieghbors think?!"

Budige to wife: "I'll put it in the back yard, no one will notice!"

wife to Budgie: "well, OK, just as long as you finish ALL of it!"
    Here's the actual conversation.

Budgie to wife: "but it followed me home honey!" I'll treat it real good and drink when I can."

Wife of Budgie: "No you can't keep it, because I don't like stout. You know that you can only bring home what I like. Besides what will the neighbors think?"

Budgie to wife: "FCK the neighbors and I don't understand why all of my personal preferences have to conform to your tastes. This beautiful blessing followed me home, it wasn't a conscious choice that I made."

Wife of Budgie: "FINE !!!!, just so long as you'll be able to watch the kids every night this week so I can go to Hawaii with my friend Angie. Please, don't say we never do anything together, if you would have brought Keystone light home, we could be drinking together. Oh by the way, my flight leaves in 20 minutes, have you got my clothes dried and folded. Have you seen my belt and shoes? Where are my keys? PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PURSE !!!!!".
    Last edited by Budgie; 11 Nov 2003 at 2:12 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Dude, LOL your cracking me up. Keystone Light? uggggggggggg, thats sad. Right now I am thinking about oing to the bar to have me a guiness
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Originally posted by Rumpy Tuna
    Right now I am thinking about oing to the bar to have me a guiness
    You Bastidge !!!! I have to wait until 17:30 CST and I have 1 hour to consume as much as possible before I have to run home.

You laugh? Welcome to a little slice of my reality.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    You Bastidge !!!! I have to wait until 17:30 CST and I have 1 hour to consume as much as possible before I have to run home.
    Hah, you can't have a beer until after 5. I'll have to drink a few for you

Registered
    Aug 2001

Registered
    Feb 2000
    I averaged 1 pint of stout every 12.5 minutes this evening between 17:00 and 19:00. I guess it's a good thing I had to get home to babysit. Damn, I feel healthy.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    I don't think I could keep up with you at that rate!
    I am guessing that you made it home safely!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. JHU good, bad?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 18 May 2009, 1:38 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 05 Mar 2009, 12:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 06 Aug 2003, 11:03 AM