Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Online dating?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    This happened to a good friend of mine - she reconnected to her high school via email, and they are now married! But, I agree with Jax, that one or both of you will have to want to relocate at some point. There's no harm in talking to him!
    +

Might as well give it a shot! You don't have to make a relocation decision right away, so try it out. Drop him a line and see where it leads.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    As an aside, is the gym really a good place to meet people? I think of the gym as a place where women don't want to bother with guys hitting on them. I never see strangers talk to eachother at the gym. I'm not looking to pick up girls, I'm just sayin'.
    Are you kiddin- women love to hit on people at the gym! All you have to do is talk about your "traps" workout and cleverly hint that you go tanning, use teeth whitener, and drive an IROC.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Actually, I was getting the "eye" from a semi-atrractive female at the gym last night.
    Of course, I love my GF and was focused on my workout, but it was nice to know I still "got it"
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN
    Actually, I was getting the "eye" from a semi-atrractive female at the gym last night.
    Of course, I love my GF and was focused on my workout, but it was nice to know I still "got it"
    Dang it, Z-Man.....give the woman her eye back.

Bear

Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North
    Dang it, Z-Man.....give the woman her eye back.

Bear

I must agree with my beer drinking bear friend!

A wise friend of mine told me once that women are like cars. Every year a fancier model will come along and it is completely ok to look at them. But if you test drive them, you run the risk of getting rid of your other car.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    May 2003
    ^-- So what you're saying is that a guy aught to go for the "lease" option, eh?

Reality does not conform to your ideology.
    http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us Photographs of Life in the Neighborhoods of Chicago
    http://hafd.org/~jordanb/ Pretentious Weblog.

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Dating Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1588
    Last post: 01 May 2014, 9:38 AM
  2. The Dating Rules thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 24 Apr 2013, 4:04 PM
  3. Difficult dating