Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Hey, where's Rumpy Tuna?

Hey, where's Rumpy Tuna?

I don't see Rumpy Tuna on the Top 30 member page. What happened?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It's a morality tale, of sorts.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I heard RT went to Mexico on vacation with Starrdarcy.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    and MikeD, errr Jeff. Did he go to Mexico too?
    You're more boring than you know.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    RichmondJake has it right apparently
    Though I have no idea why was SD booted out. They weren't banned... they were duh-leted! (searched for them, didn't find them)

Registered
    Oct 2003
    A thread or two has mysteriously disappeared as well...the will of the mods.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" -Usual Suspects

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My guess is that for someone to be erased like that, they would have had to have violated the users agreement several times and ignored some progressively stronger warnings. I'd guess that is what happened.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I wonder what happened to Osama....and Saddam, too.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Is Budgie gone as well?

Why do I have this feeling they are together on another board somewhere having a grand time?

*and I understand why the Mods had to let RT free. Too bad you couldnt stay around and good luck to you if you see this thread.

Later,

H
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Mar 2003
    No I was just checking ,too, it seems that Budgie is still here. He just must be out of town.

Long live Budgie!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I think SD wasn't getting enough attention here.

What about Runner? He posted pretty regularly, but he's vanished the last few months.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Yeah. to loose Budgie would be too much. RT is hard enough(though maybe warranted).
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Well, it IS a holiday week and people do take time off from work as well as Cyburbia.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Planderella
    Well, it IS a holiday week and people do take time off from work as well as Cyburbia.
    That is no excuse
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Jul 1998

Re: Hey, where's Rumpy Tuna?

Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    I don't see Rumpy Tuna on the Top 30 member page. What happened?
    He was eaten by a dophin with a sense of humor.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Some of his pics are still up in the gallery for now.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by el Guapo
    My guess is that for some one to be erased like that, they would have had to have violated the users agreement several times and ignored some progressively stronger warnings. I'd guess that is what happened.
    Right you are.

Registered
    Aug 2001

For those with short memories :)

Hint #1

Hint #2

And if you really need help,

Hint #3

Now, please help keep Cyburbia the #1 Planning Resource on the net, and PLEASE help keep it appropriate for the work environment.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    While I do miss Rumpy's humor, I am glad to see these forums regaining some more of the professional focus they have had for so long. (I wouldn't blam that diversion entirely on Rumpy by any means.) It was sometimes concerning me that they were not an appropriate distraction from work, and that some of the comments might have turned off potential new members. (I may have been guilty of a couple myself.) Anyways, mods, reigning it in was a good decision.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I think Budgie is changing jobs and may only have net access at his new place of employment.

Another thought, peoples lives change, they don't always take the time to sign off of every board of which they are a member. That reminds me. I should go back and let the guys at TrekNation know I'm outta there. Afterall, I am still the Transporter Room Chief, I think? That George Takei is a real tough mod.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by el Guapo
    I think Budgie is changing jobs and may only have net access at his new place of employment.

Another thought, peoples lives change, they don't always take the time to sign off of every board of which they are a member. That reminds me. I should go back and let the guys at TrekNation know I'm outta there. Afterall, I am still the Transporter Room Chief, I think? That George Takei is a real tough mod.
    Yes, Budgie is in transition. Dude, if you're lurking I wish you all the best man!

As for TrekNation. Thanks for the SNARF. Vodka Tonics are not easy to get out of a keyboard.

Re: For those with short memories :)

Originally posted by Chet
    [
    And if you really need help,

Hint #3

"It isn't *all* that user'sfault, but we believe he was a major contributor to the on-going fascination with alcohol consumption, female anatomy and general bathroom humor, as he racked up over 900 posts in 67 days. I hope that cyburbia can return to better days."
    Now I'm worried, for I have racked up a lot of points during the past two months (although I have been here for so long, it's still less than a post a day). But over 1/2 of it is for the gallery and all those penny postcards.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Re: For those with short memories :)

Originally posted by Super Amputee Cat
    Now I'm worried, for I have racked up a lot of points during the past two months (although I have been here for so long, it's still less than a post a day). But over 1/2 of it is for the gallery and all those penny postcards.
    It wasn't just sheer number, but number coupled with content. The postcards are relevant to planning and used in the site. I do not see a problem with them or your number of posts. It's apples and oranges... really.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    SAC - Keep fighting the man! I got your back.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Chet
    [B]Yes, Budgie is in transition. Dude, if you're lurking I wish you all the best man!

Chet, if Budgie was online lurking there is no way he would be able to not comment on this! I am certain he will make an appearance by Monday. And feel really special because he is missed!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 19
    Last post: 07 Nov 2003, 10:52 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Nov 2003, 11:19 AM