Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's The weather Like Where you're Located?

Registered
    Sep 1998

What's The weather Like Where you're Located?

Hi all:
    Just curious as to the onset of winter-like conditions in your neck of the woods.

Here in Manitoba (Canada), winter arrived last night with a couple of inches of snow that's likely to remain for the duration.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    We had our first snowfall of the season last night too...about 2 centimetres, and with the nice bright sunshine most of it is gone already.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Just cloudy cloudy cloudy.
    But weather looks clear for travel and as it seems I shall be on the road alot in the coming days this is good news.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    clear and cooler its 43 out. It was 34 when I got up to let the dogs out this AM. Busted out the old down duvee last night for the first time.

They are calling for a cold rain THursday for the T-day treck down 95
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Very pretty today: -3C (27F) and sunny. Beautiful weather... I wish it would stay like this through to March (or at least until January!).

We have had snow on the ground for about a month now (since right before Halloween). I would say there is about a foot and half on the ground in our back yard.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    We are having an unseasoanably warm snap. it was 8 C on the weekend. We did have an aearly snow, as documented a few weeks back, but now it is nice.

Hopefully it stays nice in Toronto for my trip for this weekend.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Partly cloudy. Snow fell last week and still getting the ocassional flurry in the afternoon and evening. Highs in the mid-30s and lows in the low 20s.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Yesterday morning was 7F. This morning was 20F. (But you Canadians probably call that warm, and use a C instead of an F.) That is w/out windchill - I live at the mouth of a canyon. Wind howls every morning until about 10 AM.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Cold but clear - about 0 C.

Yesterday in Cleveland, it went from about 20 C at 8:00 AM to -3 C at noon.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2003
    A comfortable 72F forecast for the holiday!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Last night as I drove home into the approaching cold front, the weather did the following over a 30 minute period:

Pouring rain, 54F to blinding snow 34F

We had about 1.5" of snow by the time all was said & done.
    All these years the people said hes actin like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Crystal clear and (for California) rather chilly. It is 50 degrees F at 11:00 a.m. with a projected high of 57. Beautiful day outside.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    46 F according to SAC's page. The past few weeks have been nice. No snow yet and highs usually above 50. Cyburbia has made me appreciate that others in the US and especially Canada have it much worse than me in the winter.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Well, its 80 degrees and sunny with a slight breeze here. Sounds like a blessing, right? Wrong. This means it is time for Florida to be invaded by the snow birds. (not that I am a Floridian, but I do have to put up with the consequences).

I think I want to move back to Mississippi. It was great, everyone makes fun of the state and that keeps the tourist and carpetbaggers away so the residents get to keep the beauty all to themselves. We had lakes, rivers, hills, trails, Fall leaves, Spring magnolias, Antebellum homes, town squares, great food, inexpensive living costs, and much much more wonder.

I hear the simple life calling me backand this time I wont complain about the humidity
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    We received about a foot of snow yesterday...it started snowing again this morning and has added another 6 inches. I just returned from the field where it was 29 F.

Right now it is 40 degrees F with a 15mph wind from the west/southwest. Yesterday we had our first snow showers after a weekend with highs in the 70s.

Chance of snow Friday, then warming again.
    I want SNOW
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Right now the weather here in SW MIchigan is

36F Fair Skys and with a light wind from the South at 18 mph
    it feels like 26F

The UV Index: 1 Minimal
    Dew Point: 24F
    Humidity: 62%
    Visibility: Unlimited
    Pressure: 29.93 inches and falling

BUT on Sunday it was 60 and raining, monday 3 inches of snow and a high of only 32. That is michigan weather for you

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Winter? That's so Northern Hemisphere right now...
    How's the weather here in winter? Cold, rainny and windy.
    How's the weather here in summer? moderately warm, a bit rainny and not that windy. We have rain all year long...

Registered
    Sep 1999
    About 75 d. F and overcast.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    On Sunday the weather was 72F(22C) and sunny with a slight breeze. It couldn't have been a prieter day to be outside and I spent it walking with the fiancee and taking her dogs out for a long hike in the woods. Perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon

Yesterday morning it was a pleasant 53F(23C) as I was walking to work so I didn't think to bring a jacket along. By 3:00pm, however, it had dipped down to about 27F(3C) snowing and sleeting with a strong wind. So there I was after work, waiting for a bus in this mess with no jacket. What fun!

Well, the snow didn't stick, and the wind has died down a bit, but it is still pretty cold out. This time, however, like a good Boy Scout I'm prepared and have my coat.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    25, sunny. slight wind. Just got about 4" of snow two days ago. It'll probably be mostly gone by Saturday.
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Instead of starting a new thread, I thought it would be better to post this in the weather thread. It's been cold enough (-21C, -6F) the past few days that we have been getting ice fog at night. You can see the ice crystals around the moon if you look closely. It makes all the trees nice and silvery with frost. I wish the photo was brighter, but I can only hold the digital camera still for a few seconds.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    News flash from Argentina... It's snowing in Bariloche, a city in the Andes Mts. AND it's DECEMBER! I didn't hear any of you saying that it was snowing in June...
    Here in Valdivia it's colder than normal.. it must be like 15-17C when it should be 20-22C normally! And the rain has been going on and off for a few days now, with unusual strong showers and winds for the season.

Registered
    Jul 2003

The Big Easy:

sunny and 50F
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Aug 2010, 10:29 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 01 Feb 2010, 10:21 PM
  3. Where is your office located?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 29 May 2007, 11:08 PM
  4. weather