Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Here's hoping it's a wonderful Christmas... (AIB The Miserable Christmas Thread)

Registered
    Aug 2001

Here's hoping it's a wonderful Christmas... (AIB The Miserable Christmas Thread)

I am thankful that my family will be together this Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am thankful that we are healthy enough to be together and to eat together.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful girlfriend. She treats me great and helped me through some tough times over the past six months.

I am thankful that I have a job and can pay the bills.

And what about you? Are you thankful for anything?

(Feel free to replace "Christmas" with "Hanukah," "Kwanza," "Festivus," or "Pagan Satanic Rituals" depending on your persuasion.)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Im damn glad to be looking forward to a happy, healthy loved holiday season.

Maybe folks will get out and spend and folks can get back to work.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm thankful for my family and their good health;

for having all the things we need and some things that we want

for good friends

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I like this season for what it really means. Family. Food. Togetherness. I could care less about the economics of it. I think it's a shame that the econmy has hijacked what was something specail. What ever you do, enjoy this season to it's fullest. I know I will.
    You're more boring than you know.

Family, friends, and the money and time to spend on them.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm thankful that my family is healthy and that we all live within 30 minutes of each other, so we never miss a holiday/birthday together.

I'm thankful that my ex's sister and daughter remain close to my son and me.

I'm thankful that Trail Nazi will (hopefully) be visiting the rest of the zoning goddesses this weekend. Can't wait to see that baby!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    My family and friends. My job. My in-laws (shocking, I know) who are great to our kids. My dog, even though the wife wants her to go. Thankful I don't have to work nights or weekends. Okay, two night meetings a month is not bad.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I am thankful for a healthy family for the first time in 6 years. I am thankful for all of the friends that let me lean on them in the tough times, without any expectations or agendas.

I am thankful that I have everything I need, even if its not everything I want.

[begin Jack Handy moment]
    I am thankful for an ex-wife that I can still be good friends with, even if she dates my college buddies from decades past.
    [/end Jack Handy moment]

I am also thankful I can see past the dysfunction of that.

Registered
    Mar 2003
    In no particular order...

I am thankful for two incomes from good jobs, not that it is about the money. But the hubby was without work for over a year and that takes such a toll.

We have a home and all our things are in one place so now I can get settled.

I am VERY thankful that my daughter is alive after such a close call, PM me if you want details.

And I am thankful that today I get to see my family, eat good food.
    I am hitting the road.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    The whole extended family is well and we will see everyone between now and January 2. My kids are especially special.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The 2012 Christmas Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 95
    Last post: 26 Dec 2012, 8:21 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last post: 06 Dec 2010, 7:02 PM
  3. Christmas Music Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 74
    Last post: 11 Jul 2010, 8:44 AM