Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your signature city?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

What's your signature city?

Well, there's a quiz at http://www.emode.com/tests/signature...city/index.jsp where you can find out.

My results?

Dan, your signature city is Seattle

Sleepless in Seattle? We don't think so. You may be laidback but that doesn't mean you're lacking in energy. Someone as adventurous and active as you is the perfect pairing with a city that's filled with fresh air, beautiful waterfront, snow-capped mountains, and plenty to do. Read more about your signature city...
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    With your lovable, down-to-earth personality, you'd be a perfect fit in a seaside city like Savannah. Maybe you enjoy taking life at your own leisurely pace — it is more civilized, after all. And who needs the breakneck hustle and bustle of the big city when you can kick your heels up in a clean, friendly, well-organized city?
    This doesn't surprise me...

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Savannah, too. Whew! Always this tiny fear that I might be placed up north somewhere...

Registered
    Jan 2003

Signature City

Your signature city is Austin

Like your signature city, you're vibrant and have a spicy flair. Whether you're hanging out at a café or catching a new band, you're a friendly, people person who no doubt enjoys being out and about, but who also knows how to take it slow when the time is right.

There must be something to this test, because Austin is a city I always figured I'd move to if I wasn't such an Oklahoman. Pretty cool!!

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Chris, your signature city is New York

Whether you like to have lots of options at your fingertips or you like to be in a metropolitan environment that's buzzing with energy, the Big Apple is the perfect place for you. Maybe you like to mix and mingle at some of the edgiest restaurants, shops, and clubs in the world. Or maybe you like to be in the middle of it all — in the bright lights and big city.

I'm surprised though that Austin made it onto the "signature city" list. Does cingular have a vested interest in them?

Mine is New Orleans.

You've got a "big easy" way about you and an infectious energy that's impossible to ignore. No wonder people love being around you. Like your signature city, you've got a finger on the pulse of just about anything — from music, to history, to food, to culture.

I'm not too surprised, but I've lived there and wouldn't say it is my signature city.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Seattle.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Another one for Seattle. I could picture myself there, though maybe not as my first choice.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    New york city

Registered
    Nov 2002
    New York!
    I'm not so sure about the accuracy of this test. I figured I would be more of an Austin or Savannah type. Go figure.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Another Seattle! Yay!

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Seattle. Would have figured I was more Portland, but Seattle is OK

Registered
    Dec 2001

new yawk!

surprisingly.. i think?
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Well they told me New York and they are wrong.

I think New York is a great city and would never disrespect it as anything less, but I have been to New York and would not like to live there.

Oh well. I was hoping they would tell be the city I am in, but I guess no such luck. :-S
    "Those who plan do better than those who do not plan, even though they rarely stick to their plan." - Winston Churchill

Registered
    Jan 2003

Hmm

It is kind of flawed in that only Los Angeles, Seattle, New Orleans, Austin, Savannah, and New York are the possible cities. So if your personality is conservative, you wouldn't get , let's say, Virginia Beach. Probably a Savannah.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    New York
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Nov 2002

Re: Hmm

Originally posted by oulevin
    So if your personality is conservative, you wouldn't get , let's say, Virginia Beach. Probably a Savannah.
    Not on St. Patrick's Day...

Registered
    Jun 2003
    'nother Seattle here. I woulda figured myself more suited for Portland as well. If you looked at the bottom of your 'results', you would of noticed that the cities listed were Seatlle, Sahvanna, New York, Austin, New Orleans, and LA(I think la). Kind of limitied 'winning' choices, eh?

Duh, oluven(sp, sorry) beat me to this point. Please disregard!
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Another New York

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    NYC....though in actuality it would be Boston.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jul 2003
    New York

Whether you like to have lots of options at your fingertips or you like to be in a metropolitan environment that's buzzing with energy, the Big Apple is the perfect place for you. Maybe you like to mix and mingle at some of the edgiest restaurants, shops, and clubs in the world. Or maybe you like to be in the middle of it all — in the bright lights and big city.

And I've never been there.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    New York. I can deal with that.

Registered
    May 2003

It's A Fit!

Although initially skeptical, I gave it a try...and it came back NYC!

I was in the City for the 1st time in 25 years this past June and had a splendid time. Living there?

Maybe when the kids are off and on their own, I can get that sub-basement space under the bodega on Avenue C for $3,900/month.......

Registered
    Oct 2003
    New York. I have never been any further east than Cleveland. I am a westerner. AZ, NM, CO, UT, TX, CA, NV and UT cover it for where I have been. I can however say that in my state, I have been to almost every town, and driven every highway 2 lanes or wider.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    THIS SURVEY SUCKS!

I ended up with New Orleans.

I was thinking more along the lines of the seemy underbelly of BERLIN during the LOVE PARADE!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. can't post in signature
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 30 Mar 2006, 10:16 PM
  2. Explain Your Signature Line
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 13 Feb 2006, 4:22 PM