Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 12-16-03 Caption Contest - Mark 2

Registered
    Oct 2001

12-16-03 Caption Contest - Mark 2

Societal Devolution - Eventually, even this will be considered a normal part of free expression by the left. For a generation prior to mainstreaming the practice the ACLU will argue for a teacher's right to dangle from their piercings in the classroom and thus, it is you that have the problem. Those narrow-minded bigots who do not celebrate the practice will be labeled as dangerous right wing dangle-o-phobes!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    After agreeing to host the April 2004 Cyburbia Laefest in Washington DC, PlannerGirl's reception goes terribly awry when Duke of Dustopia mistakes "the rack" for a swing set.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    New poster ticks off the ladies of Cyburbia...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The medeival pen plotter.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Thats the Okeepa Ceremony ... an ancient Indian ritual. Supposedly very uplifting and spiritual.

Me: I'll take the Phish tune instead.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Amateur movie makers try to recreate famous diamond heist scene from Mission Impossible.

     
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    "You think this makes you wince...you should see when I bungee jump like this."

or

"Dude, check it out! I'm Neo!"

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    "PlannerGirl's last date."

(Ahhh ... good 'ol Stelarc and his body suspension exhibits. It's been a long time since I've seen performance art like that.)
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I told you to be careful casting your fishing rods.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Oct 2001

Bad Memories

Originally posted by donk
    I told you to be careful casting your fishing rods.
    Off-topic:

You just keep on joking Mr!
    That exact thing happened to me as a kid. Dad went to cast his Buggin' Bass Popper with two trebble hooks, and on the back stoke he caught me. He set four hooks on the forward stroke. I think it was the first day of a 10 day vacation. After a 2 hour ride to the hospital they removed the rust hooks. Then I didn't get to go swimming for the rest of the vacation to prevent further infection. That was hell on a 12 year old male at the lake.

Thus, no piercings for Guap - Ever.

I can hear the collective sympathy Violins of Cyburbia playing and a hushed..."well, that explains a lot..."

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Lead actor in the Off- Off- Off-Broadway performance of "Coma".

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Bad Memories

Originally posted by el Guapo
    Off-topic:

You just keep on joking Mr!
    That exact thing happened to me as a kid. Dad went to cast his Buggin' Bass Popper with two trebble hooks, and on the back stoke he caught me. He set four hooks on the forward stroke. I think it was the first day of a 10 day vacation. After a 2 hour ride to the hospital they removed the rust hooks. Then I didn't get to go swimming for the rest of the vacation to prevent further infection. That was hell on a 12 year old male at the lake.

Thus, no piercings for Guap - Ever.

I can hear the collective sympathy Violins of Cyburbia playing and a hushed..."well, that explains a lot..."

I did the same thing to my son about 10 years ago (except we were trout fishing). I snagged his index finger. I experienced a wave of new anxiety when I read your story.....I still feel horrible.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    North Korea's transit system unveiled.

PETA demonstrator enacts the plight of a farm animal just before its slaughter.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    For some reason Canada's National Highway Transportation Safety Research Council's Multi-Nexus Poistive Dermal Restraint System (MNPDRS) never got the necessary new auto purchasing consumer's "buy-in" that seatbelts and airbags have earned.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 14
    Last post: 04 Apr 2007, 12:11 AM
  2. Second Caption Contest 10/17/05
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 17 Oct 2005, 11:21 PM
  3. Caption Contest 10/17/05
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 17 Oct 2005, 9:53 PM