+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Planners Rule

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow

Questions

Originally posted by Planner Groupie

If you need to know anything else about me, please feel free to ask!!
    How old are you and do you look like the pic? Have you ever been to SW Michigan?
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Re: Questions

Originally posted by michaelskis
    How old are you and do you look like the pic? Have you ever been to SW Michigan?
    Hands off Mike.....

She's 25, and wouldn't you like to know?

I don't think she's been to MI
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Now now. No need to bring out the violence..
    Yes I am 25 and I wish I looked like her!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Hello and welcome.

Based on your success in initiating discussion so far Planner Groupie, you should stick with being a poster rather than a lurker. We enjoy the insights of non-planners on planning issues - it often opens our eyes.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Welcome Planner Groupie!
    I see that you've had quite a good time now. Hope you stick around and continue to have lots of fun here

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Did I hear I had another groupie?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Now now. No need to bring out the violence..
    Yes I am 25 and I wish I looked like her!
    alright...another 20-something...female to boot

i'm 26, a sagittarius, and enjoy sipping white wine while watching the night sky on the beach

...and enjoy getting liquor when passing through NH...(go ahead and tear that apart...i'm asking for it...)

btw, where's my prize?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'll send u a bottle of white wine. That can be your prize. Or you can just pass through NH and I can hand it to you .

Thank you all for the warm welcome. You might find me posting my small input here and there, but like I said, I have no idea about planning and the such. Even in the last couple of days, I learned things that I never imagined had anything to do with planning.

Give you a little more insight into me. Yes, I am 25. I work for a large banking company here in the consumer lending department. I love my job but I want more out of life so once my sticky divorce is final and I get some semblance of a life back, I am going to school. My goal is to become a nurse. I'm always interested in learning new things and meeting new people.

Again, thank you all for you're welcomes and I can't wait to get to know you all!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Hey you got to love what you do or else it will slowly kill you
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    Hey you got to love what you do or else it will slowly kill you
    or not so slowly....

I am a fan of the big red barns too.

Too bad about the weather last weekend and the groups lack of party planning skills.

Welcome, I guess I have to add you to the care package list when I'm in New England.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Even in the last couple of days, I learned things that I never imagined had anything to do with planning.
    Must resist urge to make inappropriate comment regarding what NHplanner might be teaching you about "planning"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Must resist urge to make inappropriate comment regarding what NHplanner might be teaching you about "planning"
    Who, me?
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    Resisting the urge of telling you exactly what NHPlanner has been teaching me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My goal is to become a nurse. I'm always interested in learning new things and meeting new people.
    interesting, i've always told myself that if i do make a career change, it would be into something like that...i actually looked into a distance learning program for nursing. although i'd probably just become a paramedic and get paid to ride on big red trucks instead of doing it for free like now...i love being a vol. firefighter/emt! has very little value in my career though unless i start planning firehouse locations.

or maybe i'll just be a trial lawyer...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by GeogPlanner
    interesting, i've always told myself that if i do make a career change, it would be into something like that...
    I've wanted to get into the field for some time now but couldn't afford it. I could have started out as a CNA, but I don't do well with really old people. I have a specific direction in nursing I want to go. It's actually completely opposite working with the elderly. It's good to have options.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    neonatal? my best friend is a neonatal nurse. she went back to school to be a midwife, but dropped out b/c insurance rates are SO high.

Registered
    Apr 2003

Re: Re: Questions

Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Hands off Mike.....

She's 25, and wouldn't you like to know?

I don't think she's been to MI
    Ok, OK, Calm down... I was just asking questions, not asking her for a relationship. (That would take a little while longer)
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Actually labor and delivery. I don't think I could handle seeing sick babies. It would break my heart. My goal to do labor and delivery really hit me when I saw my nephew being born. I'll get there some day!

Mike - don't worry about him. You ask any questions you want as long as they won't get you in trouble for asking them

Registered
    Aug 2001
    that's great! i'm much better at handling tragedy than being responsible for so much joy. i'll work a cardiac arrest any day...i'll be $hitting bricks the day a woman goes into active labor while i'm working the back of the ambulance...

Registered
    Dec 2003
    [i'll be $hitting bricks the day a woman goes into active labor while i'm working the back of the ambulance... [/B][/QUOTE]

All you have to do is catch it. Not much to it. But I understand what you're getting at. I'd feel too much responsible if someone died on me. I don't think I could handle it.

Registered
    Apr 2003

Mike - don't worry about him. You ask any questions you want as long as they won't get you in trouble for asking them

So... do you down hill ski? What made you decide to be a planner groupie?

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Strange living in NH and I don't ski. I tried quite a few years ago and hated it. Just not my thing. I'm more of a sports watcher. Love hockey and football!! Go Pats!

NHPlanner had sent me the link to the never ending joke thread, so being the nosey person that I am, I started to read the other threads. He sort of convinced me to sign up and we decided to play a little mystery person which I thoroughly enjoyed btw. Groupie just seemed to fit the persona I was going for.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Actually labor and delivery. I don't think I could handle seeing sick babies. It would break my heart. My goal to do labor and delivery really hit me when I saw my nephew being born. I'll get there some day!
    Interesting plan of study there PG. My wife is a doula, has been for three years now. She also contemplated going the mid-wife route, but the lack of cooperation and insurance costs were too much for her (us) to bear, so she went o the assistant route. She's done 20+ births now, and is on deck for three more with in the next few months. She has a back ground in Occupational Threapy, so the training for her was really pretty easy(she already has great knowledge of muscle structure/action and medial necessities). Best of luck in you course change, it'll be worth it!
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Strange living in NH and I don't ski. I tried quite a few years ago and hated it. Just not my thing.
    If you want, I could teach you. Even so that you love it and it would be your thing…

As for the spectator sports, I am a die hard Red Wings Fan, and a Packer fan. I much rather be playing sports than watching them.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I am so not a good student. I would irritate you to no end while I whine about how cold I am and how much skiing sucks. Probably why I prefer to be in the comforts of my own home watching it on tv or even better yet, in the stands screaming like a fool!

Thank you very much Martini. I am a little nervous to be starting over in a career but I figure if I survive starting live over after a divorce, I can handle a career change!

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 24 Oct 2006, 2:09 PM
  2. NHL Rule Changes
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 14 Sep 2005, 3:54 PM
  3. The Five Second Rule
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31