Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: For Journeymouse

Registered
    Oct 2001

For Journeymouse

Health Facts

A) The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(B) On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(C) The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(D) The Italians and French drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

(E) Conclusion: Eat & drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you

Re: For Journeymouse

El Guapo wrote:
    (E) Conclusion: Eat & drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you
    <panic mode> Maybe I should go and work on my French. Or my Dutch. Or maybe now's the time to start learning Welsh.... </panic mode>

Actually, it's not that much of a problem - if I drink enough alcohol I'll never speak recognisable english again <opens the whisky bottle> heh heh!
    Glorious Technicolor, Breath-Taking CinemaScope and Stereophonic Sound!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Re: For Journeymouse

Journeymouse wrote:
    Actually, it's not that much of a problem - if I drink enough alcohol I'll never speak recognisable english again <opens the whisky bottle> heh heh!
    Journeymouse must be drinking now ... she spelled recognizable wrong!

:blah
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Re: Re: Re: For Journeymouse

(Catchy subject line, huh?)

<tries to look superior>
    Dan, you are a bad monkey! Hang your head in shame. And after I was polite enough not to mention that Americans don't even speak english, as well.
    </tries to look superioir>
    <collapses in a fit of giggles>

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    That's okay Journeymouse, as a Canadian I can get really confused as to the correct spellings of certain words - we get bombarded with the American way, but still get taught the British (correct) way.

I do know that it's colour, harbour, neighbour, and odour...and it's pronounced LEFT-tenant, not LOU-tenant.

Maybe I'll just switch to French and improve my health while I'm at it.

Zut alors - J'aime les beignes beaucoup!

Tranplanner wrote:
    ...and it's pronounced LEFT-tenant, not LOU-tenant.
    Actually, I've always wondered about that. Where did we dig up that invisible 'f'? But thanks for the moral support <grin>

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 8
    Last post: 26 Mar 2003, 8:27 PM
  2. Journeymouse...say it isn't so...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 14 Aug 2002, 9:52 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 06 Aug 2002, 10:45 AM