Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: APA Updates

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

APA Updates

Hmmm... no reports of Cyburbanites wreaking havoc at the conference. bturk and Giff must be having an off-week!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I think next year, it's in Denver. I'll have a good excuse to head back there. Lots of friends, lots of memories, and I could also spend a couple more weeks there, returning to some of the green runs at Breckenridge, and running down I-25 to Las Cruces.

The opening reception at APA/CIP Toronto was perhaps the most memorable for me. Eaton Centre, all to ourselves! Toronto is like an old friend., and it was nice having a conference in a setting that was warm and familiar.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2001

Dan

I'm going next year. Wanna go halfs on a room in Denver at the Super 8? Drive up here and I'll drive the rest of the way. You are driving aren't you? - and if we break down on the way I speak fluent Kansan. That may help us somehow.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Dan

Originally posted by El Guapo
    I'm going next year. Wanna go halfs on a room in Denver at the Super 8?
    Brown Palace, dude. Either that, or the Hyatt. No more "student hotels" for me anymore.

I still have the keys to my old house, which was only two miles from downtown. Supposedly, the new owners "popped the top and punched the rear," so they'll never find us in what's now a tract mansion.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Got back last night...

...good time in Chi-town. Met bturk and prudence after an HNTB reception...didn't run into giff.

They made the opening reception open bar this year.....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2001
    The Conference was a good time despite having work...I believe speaking at a session constitutes work.

The House of Blues thing could have been better attended by the Cyburbia masses, but I didn't stumble in 'til 3 AM regardless. Had to speak the day after the Pub Crawl, so I was forced to turn in by 1 AM...

Met NHPlanner and Giff...wonderful to put names and faces to the avatars.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Opening Reception

For those that weren't there...
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. 2011 Death Pool - updates
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 162
    Last post: 10 Jun 2012, 12:05 PM
  2. Avatar Updates
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 25 Feb 2009, 11:09 PM
  3. Cyburbia updates during December 24-25
    Cyburbia Issues and Help