• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

1:39 5/28/04 Question from Rumpy

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
I was thinking about disgruntle workers and the time the mailman went beserk which led me to the following question.

Which Cyburbinite would you not want to go postal at the place where you work?

SGB

Cyburbian
Easy: El Guapo 8-!

Fortunately, I also think he would be one of the least likely to do so. :-}

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
I agree. However, he is starting to come over from the dark side. I hear he even wears pink shirts now.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
SGB said:
Easy: El Guapo 8-!
Fortunately, I also think he would be one of the least likely to do so. :-}
May be E.G. :-\
but he would leave to go for a bike ride instead. :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I'd go with Prudence....I think he'd be scary if he went postal. ;-)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Rumpy, definitely, Rumpy!

I could see him doing it in a very personal, painful way....like with a machete, so he can look into the eyes of the victims. 8-!

What has he got to lose? ;-)

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Rumpy, definitely, Rumpy!

I could see him doing it in a very personal, painful way....like with a machete, so he can look into the eyes of the victims. 8-!

What has he got to lose? ;-)
My glass eye?

I wouldn't want to lose this :f: :-# 8-! ;-)

I was going to vote Maister, but a guy with a duck can't be all that bad ;-) . Actually michaelskis because he looks ready to kill Teresa's sperm donor;).

Budgie

Cyburbian
HMMMMMM let me think, who comes to mind, HMMMMMMMMMM, I'm not sure why, but EG comes to mind.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo. Definitely.

This is not an actual photo of El Guapo.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Rumpy Tunanator said:
I was going to vote Maister, but a guy with a duck can't be all that bad ;-) . Actually michaelskis because he looks ready to kill Teresa's sperm donor;).
Rumpy's got it out for me!!!!
The fact remains, though, that I have been voted in my office three years running now as 'most likely to Go Postal' - what can I say?

boiker

Cyburbian
I think SAC would be a fairly nasty customer... if he went postal in an office of yuppies or a parking garage full of suvs or in any number of chain stores.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I would have to say Maister. Mainly because he is a former Marine, married to a lawyer, and he is just about on the edge of going postal with his work load right now. (We worry about him when he starts rocking back and forth in his chair muttering things in an undetermined language) The scary part is we share a cubicle wall, and he is not thrilled when I leave Rush Limbaugh on my radio when I leave for lunch.

*on the other hand, maybe I would be worried about if I went postal... I am just a little too happy to be doing code enforcement.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
michaelskis said:
...doing code enforcement.
OT: How do you have time for code enforcement with all the slackey on here? ;-)

Last edited:

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Maister said:
The fact remains, though, that I have been voted in my office three years running now as 'most likely to Go Postal' - what can I say?
Hmmm.. so was my ex-, only the voters were the bailiffs at the courthouse.
Gee, Maister, you are starting to pull ahead in the postal poll... ;-)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
michaelskis said:
I would have to say Maister. Mainly because he is a former Marine....
And every Marine is a qualified rifleman.

el Guapo

Capitalist
mike gurnee said:
I agree. However, he is starting to come over from the dark side. I hear he even wears pink shirts now.

Mike
Pink is just but one color on the infinite spectrum of mankind's concisiousness. el Guapo wears many shirts, none have USPS angrily sewn upon the breast.

Nice CYA in the second sentence SGB Now, where exactly do you work?

;)

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Could it be me in my current state? This dude ain't stable.... :-\

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I can't imagine him going *postal* in the office, but Our Exalted Leader has everybody's addresses in a data base; knows the internet well enough to *ping* our bosses computers every 0.5 second; and could feature us in a "Why (______) is Going to Hell #" in the FAC. Now, that could be scary :-D

SAC in a line of stopped traffic with Buffys and Thads in Mercedes SUVS all talking on the cell phones while drinking star bux? PRICELESS!