• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

1 Million Dollar Bill (or Who is The Bigger Idiot?)

otterpop

Cyburbian
And why did the woman passing the bill think WalMart could break a million dollar bill? Even the biggest bank in your town doesn't have a million bucks in their vault.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I heard that some Wal-Mart stores in central Florida will soon be accepting the following as legal tender:

Obligatory Austin Powers quote: "That's not a woman ... that's a MAN, baby!"

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Reminds me of the joke where the stupid counterfeiter tries to pass off funny money to the even dumber gas station attendant. "Say, can you break a $12 bill?" "Sure, do you want two sixes or three fours?"

yaff

Cyburbian
Hey, do you think I can use one or two of those bills to buy that bridge in Brooklyn I have had my eye on? ;-)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Unions are always protesting WalMart because they don't provide a "living wage" but I don't think that anyone who was about to make change for a million dollar bill deserves one penny over minimum wage.