• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

10 March 2004 3:15 PM Question For Cyburbanites

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Today's question is in reference to one of the undergarments individuals tend to wear in North American society. My girlfriend helped me go shopping a couple of weeks ago and I got about six brand new briefs from Marshall Field's - black Calvin Klein's. So, I wonder...

What brand of undergarment do you tend to wear, what color do you prefer, and where did you buy them from?

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Boxers, mostly. Have recently discovered that boxer briefs are also very comfortable and "stay put" when I'm working on rehab projects around the house. Usually white. Target, always and only.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Usually boxers. Unless of course I'm wearing thinner fabric dress slacks, then I'll sport the boxer-briefs. Then there are commando weekends... ;-)

BKM

Cyburbian
A mix of boxers and boxer-briefs.

Amazing, four posts and it hasn't degenerated into a closable thread yet :)

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I also wear CK briefs. White, black and grey. Usually get 'em at Macy's.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Changes on what I am doing.... If I am going out to a bar, or anything active, I wear boxer-briefs, if I am going to be sitting at my desk all day, or just chillin watching a movie, boxers. However, it is one of those hot, humid summer days, well… none is best.

Oh and I like cotton boxer-briefs, silk or good quality cotton for boxers… as for colors, I have a few tan plaid boxers, some black pairs, some blue, a few red, some green…

NO WHITE…

Last edited:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I recently discovered the so-called boxer brief. It could change my life, just as Jockeys' bikini brief did when I was in college.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Black or grey boxer briefs - a mix of Lauren, Hilfiger, and Old Navy

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Hanes' boxer briefs

I buy them anywhere I can find them, but usually buy them at either Sears or Meijer.

As for colors, pretty much any solid color or multi-colored pattern. I'm with michealskis, I try to steer clear of white.

I'll go to briefs when I bike. They don't bunch-up as much in the biking pants.

Where are the ladies on this issue?

Last edited:
Clarification, please

A) Define "undergarment" -- are we just talking "boxers or briefs" or would Girlie things (like bras) be under inquiry here too?

B) Is this a "guys only" thread? So far, I don't think any ladies have volunteered the Details.

C) There really should be a "C" but I don't have any other questions. :-D

JNL

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
Where are the ladies on this issue?
Right here :)

Well... fav is probably the Elle McPherson brand, then the Underwear Club, then Blackmail.

All the colours of the rainbow (almost) - black, red, white, purple, blue, pink...

Sometimes go to the Bendon factory outlet, otherwise upmarket dept stores

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
JNL said:
Right here :)

Well... fav is probably the Elle McPherson brand, then the Underwear Club, then Blackmail.

All the colours of the rainbow (almost) - black, red, white, purple, blue, pink...
Your going give michaelskis very bad ideas JNL ;)

Doitnow

Cyburbian
White Boxers for me all the time( If I am not swimming which very rare anyways)
Maybe its a planner thingy.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Michele Zone said:
C) There really should be a "C" but I don't have any other questions. :-D
She's right, you know. There needs to be a "C". It's not fair that guys should be the only one's 'baring their secrets' here...