• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

12 May 2004 Caption Contest

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Who gave me the Don King hairdo while I was sleeping!??

That's it, I'm calling Supercuts....

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Always eager for a good photo op. Dubyah takes a moment out of his busy day to pose for an 'action shot'.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Cardinal hires a new Administrative Assistant using the City's approved hiring policies.

otterpop

Cyburbian
"Dave, your new receptionist is certainly efficient and hard-working, but, how shall I say this, she's aesthetically-challenged."

Dragon

Cyburbian
Bob, seen grimacing, has had his fill of the “Damn dirty ape” voice mail.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Forrest County, Mississippi's new planning director calls his sole employee Dragon to join the press conference held during his first day on the job.

BKM

Cyburbian
Eager to observe and record the battle between local "Smart Growth" advocates and the local American Dream Preservation Society, the Planning Department's new Assistant Planner is ready for duty.

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
Elevator music

Unwilling to pay for "soft favorites" to entertain callers while on hold, the local animal control department turns to an in-house alternative.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Gov. Schwartzenneger's new plan to cut state's adminstrative salaries. Residents cite no noticeable difference in customer service.

Losing its two top shows, NBC unveils pilot for new sitcom "Goin' Bananas!" about a crusty but loveable Monkey office manager. Also starring Andy Dick.

Dragon

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Forrest County, Mississippi's new planning director calls his sole employee Dragon to join the press conference held during his first day on the job.
My worst fears come true. He does a better job than jestes, however it isn’t rubber bands that gets shot my direction anymore. :p

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
[snotty, French accent]I am more attractive than you, so I shall no longer speak with you![/snotty, French accent]

or

dude, I'm a monkey. I don't know how to use this thing.

or

I'm on Candid what?????

H

Cyburbian
Betty takes a video of Jeeves trying to answer the phone to prove her boss wrong once and for all so he will stop telling her that "a monkey could do her job" and that she really does deserve that raise. :-S

tsc

Cyburbian
H said:
Betty takes a video of Jeeves trying to answer the phone to prove her boss wrong once and for all so he will stop telling her that "a monkey could do her job" and that she really does deserve that raise. :-S

LOL!!!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
After long hard investigation, the young reporter found the problem with the executive director of the APA in charge of creating the AICP exam. He is a monkey.

Mr. Bubbles had no comment, but was surprised by the flash bulb.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
mendelman said:
I'm a monkey. I don't know how to use this thing.
Which apparently led to this

H said:
H got my vote. :-}

el Guapo

Capitalist
The creative team of PBS's Bill Moyers, of Investigative Reports, and Joe Rogan, of Fear Factor, pitched a sort of "60 Minutes meets the Animal Channel" show to the executives of ABC. Monkeys Exposed was greenlighted for a pilot. ABC hopes to establish the next mega trend to replace the recent wave of reality shows.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
After hearing about the HIV scare in California's Pron Industry, Rumpy Tuna decides to contact his agent Jeff via land-line, before proceeding with the next scene with Bubbles. ;-)

boilerplater

Cyburbian
"State to re-think recent legislation extending affirmative action program benefits to other species"

You think you got it bad? At least you didn't lose your job to a friggin' MONKEY!

Howard Roark

Cyburbian
American telcom companies stand to lose millions when a clever outsourcing scheme turned sour due to unexpected escalation in world bannana prices.