• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

donk

Cyburbian
this flurry of posts is because no one else is up where I am staying.

happy new year all.

Jen

Cyburbian
Off to an auspicious start, New years day

My NYE

chop napa cabbage, salt it

watch Monster Garage

Fall asleep

wake up drain cabbage add ginger and carrot

watch Letterman Leno and MG

fall back to sleep

wake and boil vinegar sugar and oil pour over cabbage

watch Robin Williams on Leterman and TS ball

pour off vinegar, boil again, pour over cabbage. put in frisge to chill over night.

kiss kiss happy new year ::drains sammy adams::

NYD: parade on tube, kahlua and cream in coffee homemade coffee cake
also
will drain off cabbage add hot chili oil and serve with todays menu which has yet to be created. Hot and SOur meatball soup and pork loin some way.

New years day guest already. Strange lady from Ohio who used to live in this house and was wondering if the dear old lady still lived next door? Im sure she didn't want to hear about scary gary??

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Beaner said:
this is the first post of 2003 on cyburbia and i'm drunk... wheee!
Not drink. Crashed on the couch, and woke up about 12:10 AM. Saw the time on the cable box, and nodded off again.

I think I'll get something to eat.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
An alcohol-free New Year's for me, thanks to my wonky tummy. I'm hoping I can manage solid food for dinner tonight...

Jeff

Cyburbian
All you guys putting that poison in your bodies should be ashamed of yourselves....

No hangover for me on Jan 1....and my parade got cancelled because of weather, so I get to celebrate New Years on Saturday too....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
New Years sucked *again*

New Years was a long day - total disaster. My friend Jim got 4 comp'd tickets to dinner, Goo Goo Dolls concert, and after concert New Years Bash at Chicago House of Blues. Last minute he couldn't go so 3 of us were going, but tickets were in his name and will-call never got the message from him to change the names on the tickets. Got to Chicago and couldn't get the tickets. Nothing to do downtown unless you had reservations or wanted to pay $100 cover charge. Turned around and came back home. Got dropped off by 10:30 and was asleep by 11:00. For a minute I considered driving out to a friend's in Madison just in time for midnight, but was too grumpy to deal with it.

Jen

Cyburbian
OOOh road trips on new years eve that was always my experience too,

I'd say Jimmy owes you guys for that snafu.

And what you had to show ID to get those tix?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jen said:
And what you had to show ID to get those tix?
Yeah they were complimentary from one of his vendors and they were in his name so we needed him and his ID to get them. He did call the vendor guy, who cliams to have called the HOB and spoke with someone and got them put in another of my friends' name, but something broke down in the process and we were SOL and the HOB.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I fell asleep while James was making dinner. Woke up- ate- and then fell back asleep around 10pm- right after the ball dropped in NYC. James had to wake me up at midnight and then I was in and out watching Dave Attell until 2am. Neighbors crazy, crack-head, loud as hell beagle woke me up at 5am.. So I woke up and made their lighted deer- which they placed in our front yard- do silly things to each other. Oh, and attached some balloons to the blow up snow man in various places.

I think they're taking the decorations down today. :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
We rented a movie (O brother where are thou) and ate donairs... drank a lot... no hangovers though. yay!

donk

Cyburbian
nerudite said
ate donairs... drank a lot
Let me guess, the BF's mother brought out the fixin's for a maritime donair. They are the best preventative medicine for hangovers.

Had friends from away around for the holidays and all we did was eat donairs. One actually tried to buy the spit of meat from the shop we always go to.

My NYE party was a smashing success and everyone left by 1! woo hoo! got up NYD, fed my overnight guests (god bless the make ahead cheese strata!) and spent the entire day in my pajamas, reading my book i got for christmas, and watching tv. it was awesome!

Mike - I thought of you when I saw the news about the mummer's parade. sorry, buddy.

Jeff

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

Mike - I thought of you when I saw the news about the mummer's parade. sorry, buddy.
We're gonna give it a try again tomorrow, but the weather doesn't look too good.