• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

2013 CFFL Trash Talk Thread

Tide

Cyburbian
Looking to trade Larry Fitzgerald for another #1 receiver or two lesser players (RB included)

The One

Cyburbian
Hey....Mannnnn

A bunch of you are.....caugh (insert joint emoticon here).....like gettin' beat by hippies dudes.......he he he......
WOW Man......like......I love this.......(insert bong emoticon here)

:-b

Hink

OH....IO
Tom Brady - 8 points.

I deserve to lose badly. Please take the win.....:-@

Tide

Cyburbian
Of course my luck, on the week I could beat 9 out of 10 of you I pull the #1 scoring match-up - thank you scheduling gods.

Of course my luck, on the week I could beat 9 out of 10 of you I pull the #1 scoring match-up - thank you scheduling gods.
And I thought winning this league was all about strong QB play, where a QB scoring over 40 points would mean sure-fire victory. I thought the days are now gone with RB's getting 3 rushing touchdowns. I thought the Broncos would have Manning throw 8 touchdowns, half of which would have gone to Wes Welker. So wrong, yet so right. ;)

Tide

Cyburbian
Why don't we have waiver period? This is what makes this league a run away for a few - no waiver lets people who can be on the computer all day Sunday and Monday pickup and drop players at will. I play in another league and as of 1 PM Sunday all players that are playing cannot be added or dropped until Wed a 6 am when waivers take over and allow equal opportunity for people to pick up and drop. This week is a prime example of players who are getting gobbled up due to time zone or computer time such as Reed and James replacing some top losses this week.
Rant over, but without waivers next year I doubt I'll be playing.

Is there a specific reason why TE is not included in the "flex" position? There are a bunch of decent tight out ends out there but we can only play one a week. There are several teams who have more than one TE in the game regularly so it's my opinion that TE should be added to the RB/WR position in the future.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I just copied the settings from last year, so that is the deal with waivers and the flex positions. I can change those setting any time. I would be more than happy to change the flex so I can play two tight ends for week 8..... Should we change those settings now, for next year, or never?

Hink

OH....IO
I don't think there are enough good tight ends to warrant two, but if we want to start that next year I am game.

I am never a fan of changing the rules halfway through the year...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
We can set the rules for next year however the group decides. My other league has players on waivers until Wed. 12:wow:1AM.

Hink

OH....IO
What does a guy who gets .30 out of his QB in a week have in common with the bottom of the league?

Yea.... boo!!

What does a guy who gets .30 out of his QB in a week have in common with the bottom of the league?

Yea.... boo!!
I run a couple other leagues. One of them is a negative league that rewards bad QB play: incompletions, fumbles, getting sacked, and throwing interceptions get points (with pick 6's and fumble 6's getting bonus points). We start two QB's among other positions and your Brady-Vick would be a formidable 1-2 punch in that league. I got walloped last week by the Ryan Tannehill and Thad Lewis combo.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
From my other league last week:

Iowegions scored 202 points against a projected 134.59 and has overachieved for eight straight weeks.
This matchup featured the two highest-scoring teams in the league this week.
It was the second-biggest margin of victory in the league this season at 106 points.
With the win, Kickass Wizards has a three-game win streak, currently the longest in the league.
Iowegions scored 202 points and lost. It is the highest losing score in the league this season.
Iowegions got a combined 80 points from their RBs, the highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this season.
With a combined 69 points from their RBs, Kickass Wizards got their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
The loss snapped a three-game win streak by Iowegions.

Sometimes you just are destined to lose....

The One

Cyburbian
Dude got beat by a bunch of hippies....LOL

WOW, just WOW!!! I thought for sure when Manning didn't score at least 40+ I was done and half baked.....LOL

Last edited: