• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

2014 ALMOST TIME TO START!

plankton

Cyburbian
I was thinking the same thing. Oh, and I will be collecting the winnings this year. Time to stimulate the north coast of Oregon! :p

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Are we doing this? We need to get it setup and determine if people are paying, etc.

Let's get the process moving.

The One

Cyburbian
Hmmm.....

I think most of my players are retired, in jail or pending a jury trial......:r:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
So before I renew the league on Yahoo. Keeper or not, $10 still ok, any other changes?

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I know we talked about doing a keeper, but never determined if we wanted to.

I assume we are doing one league again? Let's layout exactly what we are doing and see how many we have interested. I am going out of town for two weeks, so I am in even if I don't respond :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I'm in... if we have all the same players, keepers I guess. If there are some new people, random snake draft and no keepers.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'm in... if we have all the same players, keepers I guess. If there are some new people, random snake draft and no keepers.
Good point. The first step is seeing who is in and who isn't then I guess.

I renewed as a keeper for now so I could send reminders through yahoo. I am sure we can change if needed.

plankton

Cyburbian
I really like keeper leagues but to be fair we should all know the number of keepers prior to a draft. I don't like the idea of establishing a keeper league in 2014 for the guys we drafted in 2013. Player rankings definitely change with keeper status in mind.

My vote would be to have two to three keepers per team starting with this year's draft, not based on last year's draft.

Thanks!

UrbaneSprawler

Cyburbian
I could go either way on keepers. I prefer if we do keepers having them only be late round picks or free agent pickups. Knowing Josh Gordon's final status for playing this year would be helpful to me on the keeper aspect. ;)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Only six so far in Yahoo. Are we doing this or what?

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
I never got my invite,

will log in to yahoo.

should have let us know to look......

.... OK, My team is in now. Make sure to provide anyone new the directions in how to get in. 12 teams would still be good.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'd rather have 12 too, but we cant wait forever.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Who's Bern's Boss Team? Paul really didn't want to play last year so I don't know if he's in or not. Raf is having health problems, so I don't know about him either.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I think I might have mentioned this last season but is there any interest in having the "flex" position/ W/R also include a TE? It just seems like many weeks teams struggle to put a decent player in that slot and there are a lot of quality tight ends in the league and yet we can only play one at a time. Just a thought.

The One

Cyburbian
Yes......

I think I might have mentioned this last season but is there any interest in having the "flex" position/ W/R also include a TE? It just seems like many weeks teams struggle to put a decent player in that slot and there are a lot of quality tight ends in the league and yet we can only play one at a time. Just a thought.
I'm ok with a flex spot.....

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Our biggest issue right now is filling the league. I don't have time to recruit new players or keep after the old ones to see i they are in. We need one for 10 or 3 for 12.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
There are currently 10 after I logged in on friday night.

I know Transit Slug has asked to play each of the last 3 years and is repeatedly told no. So that would make 11.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
There are currently 10 after I logged in on friday night.

I know Transit Slug has asked to play each of the last 3 years and is repeatedly told no. So that would make 11.
I just looked and there are 9, I'll send out a final reminder and then maybe we invite slug to make 10.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Ok I am going to PM Transit slug for a 10th. I am finding that I don't really have time to run this thing by myself, so Hink if you want we can switch positions. Otherwise, I'll do my best. once we get going we will have to draft way faster than we normally do.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Ok I am going to PM Transit slug for a 10th. I am finding that I don't really have time to run this thing by myself, so Hink if you want we can switch positions. Otherwise, I'll do my best. once we get going we will have to draft way faster than we normally do.
Yep I am ready. Put me in coach. Let's do this!!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
We only have 9, but I know Giff was looking into the 10th...

Let him comment then we will take you as the final piece of our puzzle.... ;)

---

We need to start drafting on Monday. I say we do the following:

- No keepers
- Snake based on random draw
- Allow Flex to be RB/WR/TE
- Give 4 hours on Monday and Tuesday, and two hours on Wednesday, Thursday, one hour on Friday to get the draft done.

Last edited:

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
We only have 9, but I know Giff was looking into the 10th...

Let him comment then we will take you as the final piece of our puzzle.... ;)

---

We need to start drafting on Monday. I say we do the following:

- No keepers
- Snake based on random draw
- Allow Flex to be RB/WR/TE
- Give 4 hours on Monday and Tuesday, and two hours on Wednesday, Thursday, one hour on Friday to get the draft done.
I PMed Transit Slug yesterday as he has asked to be in for a couple of years. If I don't hear from him by the end of today, you're in.

AG74683

Cyburbian
PM me your email address and I will send you an invite.
You got the right email. Looking forward to it guys.

Just an FYI...I'll be drafting Tebow in the first round. I think he will be making a comeback.

insert *football joke* here

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Can we draft in 10 days? It's never been done in the CFFL...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
The random number generator yielded this order:

Clan Cheesehead 0.087145694
Team Biakabutuka 0.152790206
Oh-High-Oh 0.390888549
Iowegions 0.423797626
Land Sharks 0.55965543
Ironheads 0.610188358
The Relocators 0.721272094
Duany Bees 0.769489317