• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

2014 - CFFL Draft Round 1

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Clan Cheesehead
Team Biakabutuka
Oh-High-Oh
Iowegions
Land Sharks
Ironheads
The Relocators
Duany Bees
Pac NW Plankton
CalHippies

Cheese up!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Cheese heads are up. He has not signed in to Cyburbia since the 21st, any bets he goes viking?

plankton

Cyburbian
Yea, I think a live draft is the way to go this year. Perhaps we forgo the buy-in this year as some teams likely won't be able to make the live draft.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'm game for a live draft, scheduling will be a problem.

Tide

Cyburbian
I can do live draft or we can do a list draft where we each make a list ahead of time on Yahoo and let it auto draft

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Well we just got internet back...lol sorry about that. I am in for a live draft, but it will be impossible to get everyone together at one time.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Sorry guys, I should have handed this off weeks ago, but I keep thinking I could manage.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I'm all for a live draft, but please don't make it Friday or Saturday of a long holiday weekend.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
How about this Thursday, August 27th at 9PM EST (6PM PST).

As an alternate we could rank and go from there within Yahoo....

UrbaneSprawler

Cyburbian
How about this Thursday, August 27th at 9PM EST (6PM PST).

As an alternate we could rank and go from there within Yahoo....
I could do Wednesday, August 27th at that time for a live draft. I can't do Thursday the 28th for a live draft, I'll be on the road driving that evening on vacation.

I was hoping we could still do the drafting on here as was created. I can drop out (or be kicked out) if you need to even things out with people not showing up/also being able to do a live draft.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I can work with those times, either Wednesday or Thursday.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Wednesday or Thursday works for me at that time. I'll keep an eye on the offline draft as well.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Wednesday-
AG
Hink
Giff
Urbane

Thursday -
AG
Hink
Giff
Mastiff

Transit Slug

Duke of Dystopia Response

Hello, I log on here so rarely so I didn't get a chance to provide my email for this draft so I am not listed here. Anyway, Duke of Dystopia has no access to a computer today so he has asked me to submit his bid for Aaron Rodgers but now I see you are talking about doing a live draft so he says whatever day you pick is fine with him.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
It does not matter to me when we draft. I am flexible.

I can tell you I will not be viking, as I am picking Arron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay as my 1st pick of the draft.

plankton

Cyburbian
I have meetings both nights but if the meeting agenda/s work out right, I might be able to jump in for a pick or two on the ole phone. This will be an extremely covert mission! :h:

The One

Cyburbian
Either

I can do either Wednesday or Thursday.....may need to send in my first two picks.....

Tide

Cyburbian
I have a live money draft on 9/2 so my wife would probably divorce me if I spent another night drafting. But I would set my default lists ahead of time and let fate take it from there.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Probably wont happen on a week night but Yahoo crashed Saturday night.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Best availavble

Find out those who can not participate.

Then, as the players come off a list, they should just get best available player as ranked by whatever list "Controler" of the draft is using. Easy, Fast, and all slots are filled responsibly.

If online here or on yahoo, I could help with this function. I have lists as well as player position slot sheets used for our family FF team on yahoo.

I would also like to suggest changing the points for individual Defensive Players. It makes them relevenat.

Defensive Players League Value Yahoo Default Value
Tackle Solo 3 1
Tackle Assist 1 0.5
Sack 4 2
Interception 6 3
Fumble Force 2 0
Fumble Recovery 4 2
Defensive Touchdown 6 0
Safety 2 0
Pass Defended 2 1
Block Kick 3 2
Tackles for Loss 2 0
Turnover Return Yards
per 10 yards 1 0

for some reason, it will not let me make the above look nice. 8-(

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
So who's in Wednesday night at 6PT? I am in for this time. I'm not sure how Yahoo does live drafts, but we can do it in a thread here if folks who can't take part get us a list.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I am good for tomorrow night. I don't know how Yahoo works if people put in their pick..... that might be the easiest.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I think I have things set up for tonight, if you cant participate be sure to set up your pre-rankings. Hink you may want to look things over when you get a chance.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
what time, and on here or yahoo, and if on yahoo, how do we sign in/participate (never done it that way before... but interested to see how it works).

Tide

Cyburbian
From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo
I set my list today with at least 12 for each position, Yahoo then takes the next highest available player to fill out your team. I'll have to be a waiver monster, which reminds me, can we have a cool down 24 hour period on waiver picks so those of us who stay up Sunday night or the late game don't grab that hot player just because they're up, and then waiver order matters each week.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.
Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?
I thought you were already co-commissioner? Heading there now. I'll get the waiver thing set.

The One

Cyburbian
Me too

I just found out I have my kids open house at school....will have my I-Pad with me though.....I have ranked my players on Yahoo so go with that if I'm not responding in 30 seconds or less....So it will be a live draft in yahoo after we log in.....

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I just found out I have my kids open house at school....will have my I-Pad with me though.....I have ranked my players on Yahoo so go with that if I'm not responding in 30 seconds or less....So it will be a live draft in yahoo after we log in.....
Never done it that way either but it looks like it auto defaults to your ranked list if you don't pick in 1.5 minutes.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I set my list today with at least 12 for each position, Yahoo then takes the next highest available player to fill out your team. I'll have to be a waiver monster, which reminds me, can we have a cool down 24 hour period on waiver picks so those of us who stay up Sunday night or the late game don't grab that hot player just because they're up, and then waiver order matters each week.
If you turn on the waiver cool down it defaults to Tuesday at 11:59PM. When do you want players to go on waivers? Sunday? First game of the week? I have it set to Sunday at the moment.

Tide

Cyburbian
If you turn on the waiver cool down it defaults to Tuesday at 11:59PM. When do you want players to go on waivers? Sunday? First game of the week? I have it set to Sunday at the moment.
You can put in your waiver requests ahead of the midnight tuesday deadline, then everything from tuesday through sunday is wide open. I just don't like the wide open nature of the waivers at the moment.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
I think the auto draft should be set to 3 minutes. That is not to much and will give a person a chance to choose somebody they want.

When does it start? And on Yahoo?

Better details needed.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I think the auto draft should be set to 3 minutes. That is not to much and will give a person a chance to choose somebody they want.

Better details needed.
On Yahoo at 6pm PST or 9pm EST.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member

Better details needed.
2 minutes appears to be the max allowed.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Never did an online draft before.

Just in case I don't figure this out in the first 2 minutes, I reiterate that I will be taking Aron Rodgers, QB, GB... as my first pick in this draft.

Going to try and get it in there right though.

:cool:

AG74683

Cyburbian
Ugh...I completely forgot about the draft tonight. Sorry guys! That's never happened to me before in all the years I've played fantasy.

Looks like I lucked out a little, besides having two kickers and Eli Manning.

Tide

Cyburbian
I'm stacked on WRs but need a RB1 - The Relocators looking to trade.