• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

2014 - CFFL Draft Round 1

I have meetings both nights but if the meeting agenda/s work out right, I might be able to jump in for a pick or two on the ole phone. This will be an extremely covert mission! :h:

Tide

Cyburbian
I have a live money draft on 9/2 so my wife would probably divorce me if I spent another night drafting. But I would set my default lists ahead of time and let fate take it from there.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Probably wont happen on a week night but Yahoo crashed Saturday night.

Best availavble

Find out those who can not participate.

Then, as the players come off a list, they should just get best available player as ranked by whatever list "Controler" of the draft is using. Easy, Fast, and all slots are filled responsibly.

If online here or on yahoo, I could help with this function. I have lists as well as player position slot sheets used for our family FF team on yahoo.

I would also like to suggest changing the points for individual Defensive Players. It makes them relevenat.

Defensive Players League Value Yahoo Default Value
Tackle Solo 3 1
Tackle Assist 1 0.5
Sack 4 2
Interception 6 3
Fumble Force 2 0
Fumble Recovery 4 2
Defensive Touchdown 6 0
Safety 2 0
Pass Defended 2 1
Block Kick 3 2
Tackles for Loss 2 0
Turnover Return Yards
per 10 yards 1 0

for some reason, it will not let me make the above look nice. 8-(

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
So who's in Wednesday night at 6PT? I am in for this time. I'm not sure how Yahoo does live drafts, but we can do it in a thread here if folks who can't take part get us a list.

Hink

OH....IO
I am good for tomorrow night. I don't know how Yahoo works if people put in their pick..... that might be the easiest.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I think I have things set up for tonight, if you cant participate be sure to set up your pre-rankings. Hink you may want to look things over when you get a chance.

what time, and on here or yahoo, and if on yahoo, how do we sign in/participate (never done it that way before... but interested to see how it works).

Tide

Cyburbian
From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo
I set my list today with at least 12 for each position, Yahoo then takes the next highest available player to fill out your team. I'll have to be a waiver monster, which reminds me, can we have a cool down 24 hour period on waiver picks so those of us who stay up Sunday night or the late game don't grab that hot player just because they're up, and then waiver order matters each week.

Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.

Hink

OH....IO
Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.
Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?
I thought you were already co-commissioner? Heading there now. I'll get the waiver thing set.