• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • If you registered on Thursday (3-21) , please re-register. Thank you!

Real estate / MSRED 2017 MSRED

hplus

Harvard MDes, MIT and Columbia MSRed

This thread looks really empty but here I go.

I applied to the three programs and have been accepted only to Harvard MDes REBE so far. Waiting for MIT and Columbia.

Basic info: I am 36, male and got my bachelor's degree in Arch Studies and MArch, both pretty good schools in the US.
Experience: About 6-7 years at architectural firms plus a year at a developer of international reputation.
Stats: GPA 3.2-3.4, GMAT 620 (I did not have time for any studying.)
Recs: 2 from former employer, 1 from MArch instructor (+ 1 from current supervisor for Harvard)

I am very happy with MDes program (it's really hard to beat the Harvard brand) although financial incentives may change my decision.

Good luck to all the invisible candidates out there.

hplus

In at Columbia MSRED

Just got an acceptance email from Columbia, too.
I am leaving these posts for people who will apply next year. (Because the wait was just painful.)

Harvard GSD MDes REBE decision was on March 2 and Columbia GSAPP MSRED decision was on March 3.
Still waiting on MIT.

splitz721

Coumbia msred

Also in at Columbia (the only place I applied to). Anyone else plan on enrolliing ?

hplus

I am really torn.

I really want to go to GSAPP and stay in NYC. Obviously it's very difficult to say no to Harvard, though.
Trying to do some pros and cons once I get over my laziness.;)

BTW, anyone hear from MIT MSRED yet? They seem to "mail out" decisions. I am just wondering if anyone received a snail mail decision.

galo

Waiting for MIT

In at Columbia and USC. Got the good news by e-mail

No news from MIT yet.. hplus, where did u hear that they have mailed out results?

galo

No news from MIT

No news from MIT yet.. hplus, where did u hear that they have mailed out results?

hplus

Decision mails(?)

On MIT CRE website (which seems to be down right now). I am actually quite skeptical that they don't call or email out decisions this day and age, but I am sure that's what the website says "decisions mailed out by early March". Checking my inbox constantly as I am sure you all are.

hplus

Anyone hear from MIT?

I checked last year's posts and it seems people who were accepted to the program received decisions by email around March 7.
If there is anyone out there who received a decision from MIT MSRED this year, please share. Thanks.

hplus

I just called MIT

The person who answered says that the decisions are not out yet and they will be going out "in the next few weeks" AND "by email."
Yikes.:not:
I guess they are going to keep the suspense towards end of March in reality.

galo

MIT response

The person who answered says that the decisions are not out yet and they will be going out "in the next few weeks" AND "by email."
Yikes.:not:
I guess they are going to keep the suspense towards end of March in reality.
I got the same answer by phone.. However, last year someone posted some similar response by the front desk, but the answer came two days later...
I guess they are trained to give this kind of responses.... I hope..

hplus

Still nothing from MIT?

I am getting a little impatient with this. Even if it comes out today, 3/17 decision date really is quite late.
Anyone out there hear from MIT? Please share if you did.

hplus

MIT decision

I am getting a little impatient with this. Even if it comes out today, 3/17 decision date really is quite late.
Anyone out there hear from MIT? Please share if you did.
I received an email of rejection for MIT MSRED. Oh well. I guess I will go to Harvard. Not too shabby.
For the applicants next year, the MIT decision was on March 17 by email.

galo

Waitlisted

I received the email on March 17 too.

Waitlisted, with decision to be considered for admission for April 17th.

akn

Interested in Columbia MSRED

I am a 28 years old male Saudi citizen .. my qualifications are as follows:
- BA, Finance from Saudi (GPA of 3.76/4) and an MBA from California (GPA of 3.46/4; relatively low GPA because I was going through divorce and remarriage).
- a PhD (in financial economics) candidate from Louisiana (GPA of 3.91/4) and a CFA level 3 candidate .. expected to complete my PhD and become a CFA charterholder by 2019.
- worked 2 years as a teaching assistant and a total of about 2 years in real estate in Saudi and the US.

none of my degrees is from a top ranked university .. The reason I plan to apply for Columbia MSRED 2019 is the prestige (i.e., I am buying the name) and to fulfill my dream
I own my house and like to do some remodeling when I have time. I loved real estate development more than anything else.

Do you guys think I can get in? What is the minimum GRE score?