• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

2020 Major League Baseball Thread of Yankees $$$

AG74683

Cyburbian
Well talks didn't continue so the owners get to impose their schedule...

"spring" training 2.0 starts on July 1
60 games starting the end of July, ending in October
10 team playoffs
full pro-rated salaries for players
no playoff bonuses for players (no fans & those bonuses were figured on gate receipts)
still possible DH for National League (GRRR!!! UGH!!!)
I guess the MLBPA rejected that offer. I don't think we'll see baseball this season.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian

Bubba

Cyburbian
I'm curious to see how teams will handle in-season injuries - no minor leagues this year, so who gets added to the active roster as a replacement when a player has to go on the injured list? Your AA and AAA guys aren't exactly going to be in game-ready shape...

AG74683

Cyburbian
No. There will be baseball.

Well dang! I didn't believe it! Both sides seemed so far apart just a few days ago. Looks like it's 60 games in 66 days. I'm guessing we'll see some larger starting rotations to try and get the big guys a little more rest?

Bubba

Cyburbian
I'm curious to see how teams will handle in-season injuries - no minor leagues this year, so who gets added to the active roster as a replacement when a player has to go on the injured list? Your AA and AAA guys aren't exactly going to be in game-ready shape...

MLB teams will get to designate a pool of 60 players to choose their active roster from, and the remainder will get to participate in a version of extended spring training to keep them in game-shape for call-ups during the season.