• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Sports 🥌 2020 NCAA Football Thread - special COVID19 edition

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I really didn't care who won last night. OSU was missing a few folks but I don't think it would have mattered. Bama probably scores over 60 if Smith plays another half so there's that. The Bama line was really the untold story. Jones was way too comfortable and that was that. Honestly though I did thoroughly enjoy seeing "Tuf" Borland get run over and around all night long. One of the most over-hyped players in college football. And I'm not even talking about when Smith went past him. That was on the coaches, that matchup just shouldn't occur. But you knew it was going to be a long night for him when he whiffed inside the 10 on Harris.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Oof. That was certainly an offense dominated game, simply by looking at the score today.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
O.S.who?

On a side note, I am pissed that Harbaugh got a 5 year extension instead of an empty box to put his belongings in. Looks like the program will continue to decline.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
O.S.who?

On a side note, I am pissed that Harbaugh got a 5 year extension instead of an empty box to put his belongings in. Looks like the program will continue to decline.

They couldn't afford to fire him. So they did the next best thing, he's taking a huge pay cut (albeit he's got plenty of incentives built in) and his buyout is much cheaper. His M.O. is to wear out his welcome so he'll probably be gone within 2 years anyway unless things turnaround a lot.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I think Alabama is just that good. Ohio State is the second best team in the country when Fields doesn't suck. Ask Clemson.

If I were voting today, I would do this:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. TAMU
4. Clemson
5. Georgia
6. Oklahoma

Certainly not Florida, I realize they weren't full strength, but they got killed by Oklahoma. Georgia lost to Florida, which means they can't be put there either. The win against Cincy was great... but was more of a squeaker, than a killing. Although I don't see Clemson as that good, they are good enough to deserve top 4 in my eyes.

Planit

Cyburbian
Yep, Florida's receiving core was not at the bowl game so the result was expected, but meh.

USAToday reranked for the final time
1610474621267.png

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Oh, snap!

Central Michigan University beats University of Michigan. (90 vs 91)

And MSU (97)

ouch.

Last edited:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Oh, snap!

Central Michigan University beats University of Michigan. (90 vs 91)

And MSU (97)

ouch.
You forgot Western Michigan University too... (58). Heck, if Gogebic Community College had a team, they would likely be ahead of Michigan at this point.

I will remain a fan, but this is a dark time for Michigan Football.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
You forgot Western Michigan University too... (58).
Woof.

I'll have to check the list again looking for Alpena Community College's ranking...just in case. :p

EDIT: ACC doesn't have a football team, but they have a basketball team. What's UM's and MSU's b-ball ranking so far?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Woof.

I'll have to check the list again looking for Alpena Community College's ranking...just in case. :p

EDIT: ACC doesn't have a football team, but they have a basketball team. What's UM's and MSU's b-ball ranking so far?
That's funny, because you said ACC and my first thought was, yes, NC State has a football team and they are in the ACC.

Michigan State is not in the top 25, but Michigan is #7 right now in Basketball. (I am an MSU basketball fan)

Michigan better get their act together before the first game of the 2023 season, otherwise I am never going to hear the end of it.