• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

3/15/04 Caption Contest

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Is that Richard Florida?

He looks like a Manhattan night club owner, not a university professor. I guess he's saying that places need to attract and retain people that look like him.

(no caption for the moment - can't think of one)

Last edited:

BKM

Cyburbian
Proof that Michigan IS the new locus for "Cool" in the United States.

SGB

Cyburbian
Professor Florida, looking at the Creative Class through rose-colored eyeglass frames.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Florence Henderson and one of the 'Queer Eye' guys ham it up for the cameras after a recent power lunch with Tina Yothers and NBC programing executives.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Governor Granholm (through a fake smile): "Rich, if you don't get your 'creative' hand off my butt, I will have to have you killed. Hoffa disappeared in Michigan, so we can definitely get rid of a fly by nighttm sociology wank like you."

el Guapo

Capitalist
The Addadicktome and mega liposuction operations were a success! Ladies and gentlemen introducting Mr. and Mrs. "Rosevelt" O'Donnell.

Budgie

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
The Addadicktome and mega liposuction operations were a success! Ladies and gentlemen introducting Mr. and Mrs. "Rosevelt" O'Donnell.
Was the operation performed by renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Les Bians? You know that he's not only a Doctor, but he's also a client.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Now what policy can we implement to bring Michigan nice weather worthy of all these damn sunglasses?

Gov. Granholm's status as "America's Most Attractive Governor" goes to her head.

Howard Roark

Cyburbian
I am what you covent!

I am from the ceative class! as is evident by my eyewear, and will bring your city fortune beyond its wildest dreams!