• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

3 PM on Holiday Friday

Is anyone else's office as deserted as mine? I've turned my speakers up loud so that it's not so lonely around here. The phones are ringing, the door isn't opening - D E A D. The receptionist has been on the phone with her sister for about an hour. Time is going backwards! Is anyone else suffering?

Sorry - phones AREN'T ringing. My spelling backslides when it gets too quiet around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

peter lowitt

I popped Elvis (Costello) in the CD , turned the AC up high, and wonder whether or not I'm going to get that darned staff report into this afternoon's mail. Suffer through these last hours and take the ultimate revenge by having a great three day weekend. Cheers

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I hear you Kelly!

One visitor all afternoon. No phone calls all day.

'Tis a bit dull 'round here...though I have a notice for public hearing that I'm awaiting our attorney's OK on....so I can't leave yet! :)

Peter's working on a Friday???? wow. :p

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hope you all enjoy your 3 day weekend. I had one last weekend, but I sure feel like I could use another one!

NH - have fun at your bachelor party!!!!!!!!!!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Tran....when's yours? :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Just finished doing a vertical design for a sanitary sewer system. Yeah it's pretty dead around here now too. Have a good weekend.

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Dead? It's nuts here. My phone is ringing off the hook, I've had upset neighbors complaining about two different code enforcement issues, and I've got several items to follow-up on after the City Council meeting last night.

We have a lot of second homes and seasonal residents, so the traffic in the office increases tremendously on Fridays and Mondays. I guess people figure that while they are enjoying their multi-million dollar home on the lake for the weekend, they might as well report that pesky neighbor who doesn't keep their landscaping up to par.

I had to take a break and check out Cyburbia, only to discover that the rest of you are breezing your way through a slow day. Urgh!

el Guapo

Capitalist
I re-wrote a work plan for the third time - that will show em!

At least I have Blind Melon and the Alman Brothers with me today.

No one here today but me and the eco-devo. And all the calls are for her.

Enjoy the weekend - even you darn Canadians!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
At 4:59, I had a woman call to argue about the tow trucks that showed up to tow her two junk cars away. I just sat there for half an hour, saying "I don't want to argue with you" in response to the usual arguments -- I was going to register the cars next week, they're classics, I pay taxes, you sent the notification to the property owner and not me and they just told me about it, you're picking on me because I'm (insert group here), yadda, yadda, yadda.

I'm gonna' go home and finish installing the landscape lighting around the pool. G'night, all.

Try to think of the veterans this weekend; our little "adventures" are nothing compared to what they experienced.

:army

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Bump because I want to go home. ;-) :p

Anyone else want to get out of the office?

Is it wrong that this thread started 4 years ago?

Last edited:

imaplanner

Cyburbian
Its only 1 o clock here currently. And its relatively busy all things considering. Then again- working for a very large city things are always busy.

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
michaelskis said:
Bump because I want to go home. ;-) :p

Anyone else want to get out of the office?
Those of us that are left at work have decided to go out for margaritas at 5:00 as a reward for sticking around.

There's a whoping three of us left in an office that normally has 10. :-|

zman

Cyburbian
Alas, 2:15 mountain time. I have a couple sign-related questions to tend to and then I might hike across the parking lot for some library books.

If it continues to be dead, I will be ducking out early to go get cedar mulch, beer and a work out.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Suburb Repairman said:
Those of us that are left at work have decided to go out for margaritas at 5:00 as a reward for sticking around.

There's a whoping three of us left in an office that normally has 10. :-|

[ot]
look's like someone else discovered my avatar! :-D
[/ot]
So... Stan, you feel like a beer at the LoDo after work?:p

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
michaelskis said:
So... Stan, you feel like a beer at the LoDo after work?:p
Do I feel like a beer after work? Yes.
Am I going to actually be able to partake? Hell No.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
3:43 and I'm really trying hard to stay awake and work. If I'm not careful, my brain will leave the building, and my body will be stuck here at my desk.

Mavericks game tonight, so no rest for the wicked! :-D

prana

Cyburbian
3:08 and I was just awoken by one of those violent shivers as you start to drift off! Need a coke before I dive into some beer in a couple of hours!

zman

Cyburbian
No, sounds hoppy.

I just took my library trip and it is strangely humid for Colorado outside. 1.5 hours to go, but maybe earlier. ;)