• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

$314 Million Powerball Jackpot

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OK, so Tex got lucky on her office pool and is getting a cut of $100,000. Yay!

Any one break their budget buying Powerball yesterday? I bought $5 in quick picks and none - seriously none of the winning numbers were on my ticket. Blarg.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I heard they do have one single total winning ticket- over in the West Virginia area.

I'd take the payments over time.. and then enjoy the extra income. :)

Edit: Just found out it'll be $680 per person. wooo hooooo!

Last edited:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
TexasPlanner said:
I heard they do have one single total winning ticket- over in the West Virginia area.
Woo hoo! New teeth and flush toilets for the whole clan!

donk

Cyburbian
I saw the owner of the store where eh ticket was sold on TV this morning, he had a hard time saying more then yes or no to Katie Couric, real good interviewee.

Our office pool consistently wins free tickets and $10. We are all waiting for teh day we hit it big and none of us have to go into the office, crippling development in our area.

donk said:
I saw the owner of the store where eh ticket was sold on TV this morning, he had a hard time saying more then yes or no to Katie Couric, real good interviewee.
We saw that too and had to laugh at how non-responsive he was - the only worse Today Show interview was the fire department that had a lightbulb that was working after being something like 50 years. snore.

Every year for christmas, rob's dad puts together a little game - he wraps up 4 boxes, and rob, his sister, his mom and i get to either choose a box, or take a flat $20 from his wallet. In the four boxes is sucessively more lucrative prizes. This year I picked on with $7 in change, $18 in ones and 5 scratch off lotto tickets. Rob was the big winner with $35 cash, 10 lotto tix, and his mom was the big loser: $3.50 in pennies, an orange, old socks and no tix. Its really a lot of fun.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
KMateja said:
ARGH!!!! He's a building contractor!
At least its someone who knows the value of hard work, and who can manage their new forture. Nine times out of ten some trailer trash takes the lump sum and is broke in less than 10 years. That's worse IMHO.

See, I'd rather the trailer trash win it, if only for that 10% that is smart and can hang on to it. I was so happy the time that the waitress who was about to be evicted from her mobil home won, she really really needed it (granted, maybe if she hadn't bought so many powerball tickets, she wouldn't have to be evicted). I just can't work up any happiness in my heart for this guy-his family was already more than well taken care of.