3rd month craziness (NCAA Basketball)

Not to step on trademark toes, but are we doing brackets for 3rd month craziness (NCAA basketball). If so I am in.

I hate that the Big 10 finished their tournament so early this year. I don't like that Michigan has this much time off before they play again in the NCAA Tournament and I just don't like waiting for the Big Dance to begin!

Bubba

Cyburbian
I hate that the Big 10 finished their tournament so early this year. I don't like that Michigan has this much time off before they play again in the NCAA Tournament and I just don't like waiting for the Big Dance to begin!
The decision to have it early just so it could be at MSG made no sense to me.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
I'm not in, but just waited to stop in and say my 9 yr old son and I are looking forward to watching as many games as possible. He's really got into the tournament two years ago.

I'm sort of mad that Michigan won the Big 10 tournament, defeating MSU on its way to the final but Michigan State got their first and second round game in Detroit while Michigan has to go to Wichita. :r:

So what bracket are we using? Pretty sure Hink set up one on Yahoo before this one on ESPN. Maybe one of the mods could merge the two threads?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Wow, #2 seed UNC got annihilated by Texas A&M. After establishing dominance it pretty much stayed a 20 pt game throughout. Never felt like UNC had a chance. I'm afraid for Michigan when they go up against Texas.

Can't believe those frickin' Spartans losing to Syracuse!

Bubba

Cyburbian
South Regional Final (in Atlanta): No. 5 Kentucky versus No. 9 Kansas State, and No. 7 Nevada versus No. 11 Loyola-Chicago. Related trivia - this is the first time in tournament history that a regional final will be played without at least one of the top four seeded teams.

AG74683

Cyburbian
This is the best tournament in years, maybe ever. Two 1 seeds out already, one to a 16 team! Xavier goes out against FSU, Loyola bumps Tennessee AND Miami, Nevada over UConn. It's a wild one.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Yeah that a tough one. I pray Syracuse is done after Friday evening. Sorry LP. But I'm consistent. I've hated Jim Boheim since about 1985.
I hate him too and I didn't think they would make it this far, so I jinxed them in winning - I have a few brackets spinning around with Michigan, Villanova, xavier and Arizona taking it but I did do one for Syracuse winning, just in case - I predicted a few upsets but not enough

It has been a great year for upsets though!

Planit

Cyburbian
With everything that has transpired on the court, I'm surprised that I have 9 of the Sweet 16. At least that's higher than 50% right.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I checked where I stood this morning...I can attest that I still haven't watched a single game all season (including the tournament) and somehow I'm still kind of in it.

This was the only NCAA tournament I watched over the weekend...and it was full of great performances and upsets...

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nc...-2018-results-scores-brackets-standings-final

This was just outstanding...and I'm still not sure how he pulled it off (what I'm talking about starts at 2:29 of the video)...

[youtube]92hJipIFYVk[/youtube]

Thanks for posting that NHPlanner! That whole finals was incredible. Cael is an absolutely unbelievable coach. I thought OSU was going to unseat the champs this year but nope. Nickal made an awesome move. He just used Martin's momentum to get him into the cement mixer. PSU: 7 of the last 8 years as national champs. This is getting (if not already there) into dynasty discussion. And PSU only loses Rutherford next year I believe while OSU I think had 4 seniors.

Wrestling is such an exciting sport, particularly once you understand it a bit. Still can't believe it took global lobbying to keep it as an Olympic sport.