• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

46 years left to oppress the masses.

The Irish One

Hey I was going to post this! Anyway I think the stats are still kind of sketchy. For one thing there may actually be more whites than is stated because many Latinos (say that like Maria Hinahosa) are white and are losing any national and ethnic ties that generations past will have held on to -and will identify themselves as white from the day they're born. And then there is inter racial marriage which will confuse everthing, THANK GOD!!!!!! If I was a betting man I'd say the Asian population would be a little higher, just a hunch..

I think this is all very exciting, seeing America morph :-D :-}

I was thinking the same thing. The stats said nothing about interracial or multi-cultural populations. Maybe we'll morph away from the need of having such classifications, categories, etc.

Bangorian

el Guapo said:
That's right get all that oppression and "the man" stuff out of your system because whitety is no longer going to be the man come 2050. We best get used to each other.
"The man" will still be "the man", only he won't necessarily have white skin. The gap between the rich and the rest is only growing...

chrisinmd

Cyburbian
By 2050 the Latinos and Asians will have been corrupted by the Man and been married into the White/Anglo/Rich/ society. The Man will still be the Man, those will the bucks will control everything. This is a CAPITALIST society, that does not mean the it's a Democratic society. The Man will let the trailer trash do only so much then they are " redeveleoped, smart growthed, genrificatied, away from the middle class politically correct hope to be rich folks with just enough money to buy a lot of stuff. The Man is always strifing to keep the almost rich happy, because they buy all the stuff his company makes and he get to stay the Man......Makes no difference who is in the middle, irish, italian, balck, latino, asian, we will all be intermarried by then-they pay the bills. If you are lucky enough to get to be the Man, you are going to stay there.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Revive this thread in 2050 and let me know if we're any less segregated...