• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

9th Inning Streaker

Budgie

Cyburbian
In a thread last week we were talking about never leaving a baseball game early. We'll I didn't leave the game on Friday (Royals and Indians) before the 9th and low and behold I witnessed something first hand I'd never seen -- A STREAKER. Yes, he and his vienna sausage were in center field doing cartwheels in 45 degree F. and a slight drizzle. My son had a hard time trying to stop laughing. I've seen flashers (male and female) at the ball game before, but this guy was hilarious.

What crazy **** have you seen at a pro sporting event?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I watched some guy lean over the side of an out field wall to try to grab a ball that should have been caught. It messed up the team for the rest of the season. So, the blew up the ball.

Oh wait, everyone in the world knows about that already.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I recommend a federal investigation to stop the indescency in sports like baseball. The team should have known that a streaker would run onto the field. Do you want children at the game to see a flopping penis? I think the team should be fined ... Howard Stern, too, for creating a social atmosphere that contributes to this un-Southern Baptist-like behavior and general moral decay of society.

That's why I'm voting for George Bush. If I don't, the terrorists and streakers will have won.

:D

Budgie

Cyburbian
Dan, I'm worried about you. Does this usually happen to people who are approaching 6000 posts?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Budgie said:
-- A STREAKER. Yes, he and his vienna sausage were in center field doing cartwheels in 45 degree F. and a slight drizzle.
What was Chet doing in Kansas City???? ;-)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan said:
I recommend a federal investigation to stop the indescency in sports like baseball. The team should have known that a streaker would run onto the field. Do you want children at the game to see a flopping penis? I think the team should be fined ... Howard Sterrn, too, for creating a social atmosphere that contributes to this un-Southern Baptist-like behavior and general moral decay of society.

That's why I'm voting for George Bush. If I don't, the terrorists and streakers will have won.

:D

Well said Dan. Floppy man meat on the run can only lead to public libraries, flouridation, and universal healthcare. ;)

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Budgie said:
What crazy **** have you seen at a pro sporting event?
Nothing really out of the ordinary except drunk Giants and Dodgers fans fighting in the stands at Candlestick or Pac Bell parks.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I have seen a streaker at a football game. I also was at a football game in Vegas and the lights went out. It was very suspicious because all kinds of Wisconsin Badger Fans placed bets on the Badgers to win. The Badgers had covered the spread and within minutes of the game being declared "complete" for gambling purposes the lights went out. Vegas would have lost a lot of money had the Badgers officially covered the spread, so I believe that someone hired someone to hit a transformer with a truck (the reason they gave).

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
RichmondJake said:
Nothing really out of the ordinary except drunk Giants and Dodgers fans fighting in the stands at Candlestick or Pac Bell parks.
Ha! I've seen drunken Yankee -- Red Sox fans fighting on the ramps in Fenway. BEFORE the game!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
Yes, he and his vienna sausage were in center field doing cartwheels in 45 degree F. and a slight drizzle.
Was this a live televised event, because if it was I am seriously offended and I expect the FCC to come down hard on these moral corruptors of society because he didn't have a pastie on!;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Went to a hockey game and a fight broke out in the stands. The game actually stopped. One guy was getting his bead smashed into the seats. Blood all over the place. And this was a high school game.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
el Guapo said:
...can only lead to ...flouridation,...
O.T.
E.G. so you agree with General Jack D. Ripper (from Dr. Strangelove) ? :-\ ;-) :p

el Guapo

Capitalist
JNA said:
O.T.
E.G. so you agree with General Jack D. Ripper (from Dr. Strangelove) ? :-\ ;-) :p

We must protect our precious bodily fluids from the International Communist Conspiracy (APA)! ;)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Was this a live televised event, because if it was I am seriously offended and I expect the FCC to come down hard on these moral corruptors of society because he didn't have a pastie on!;)
Cameramen are trained not to film such antics or at least film them with a camera that is feeding the channel live. It's a conspiracy. Somewhere in Hutchinson, Kansas there is a salt mine with top secret tapes of every streaker ever. A treasure trove awaits.

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
I went to an NFL game and saw the University of New Orleans band set the Louisiana superdome on fire. Fireworks were shot as part of their pregame show, and one started to smolder in a suspended lighting grid. During the game, flames started and a stadium employee climbed the catwalks to beat the fire with a hunk of burlap. Of course, this causes flaming chunks of burlap to land on the field. Since there is a fire on the filed, One of the coache runs out to throw his CUP of gatorade on the fire. About 10 seconds later, two team members showup with a cooler of gatorade and douse the flames (coach ends up looking pretty silly). The game continues with a giant wet spot on the turf.

Needless to say, the UNO band has never again performed in the superdome.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
I went to a Magic game once on Valentines day and about 50 couples got married during half time. Also I once went to a Solar Bears game and it was the mascot's birthday and all the mascots from all over Florida were there partying with him and on the ice. It was a hoot.