• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A Beautiful Occupation

Earl Finkler

Cyburbian
Hello and Happy Easter to you all.
Spring is a time of new beginnings and we hope that you all have some great planning breakthroughs coming in the rest of this year.
Here in Northern Alaska the days are getting longer and longer ---we go to 24 hour daylight in May--lasts until August.
Just heard a beautiful and meaningful song by the British group Travis.
Called "A Beautiful Occupation"
"I've read it in the headlines, watch it on the TV....It's a beautiful occupation
.....don't need an invitation.......to drop in on a nation."
Peace to you all
Earl

Bob Schermer

A Request

I do agree with you on the profession. I've put in 40+ years including a stint in Bristol Bay Boro some time ago.

I am hoping you can put me in contact with Perry who helped get me started when I was starting out.

Cordially,

Bob Schermer

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
Oh my gosh

Bob, I just took part in reading what I'm supposed to read. I've been away from here for awhile, else I would have seen this area before. What are you doing these days. I am supposed to keep track of this thread but I've been - what, delinquent I guess. Tell me something of you, and I'll feed back.