• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A funny one...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I had a rough last week. Missed a conference due to a moron with a bulldozer knocking down a city owned building with asbestos... that I then had to abate.

Well, Friday was also a due date for an RFQ from architectural firms to design a new community center. So... here I was trying to get the heck out of the office late Friday when I get buzzed by the receptionist. It's one of the firms... wanting to know when we'll have a short list.

Let me tell you... this thing wasn't even my project (it was the CA's before he left), and I'd just about had my fill. So, I ranted, something like this:

"WHAT?! If that firm is submitting, I would ASSUME then realize the deadline for the RFQ hasn't even PASSED yet! You know, that's why I left architecture school to be a planner, because I didn't want to become an arrogant PRICK! So, what you OUGHT to tell them is the 'short' list just got shorter! *sigh* Nah, just say 'no'... No, we have NO idea when we'll short list."

What I didn't realize was... it was a guy dropping off the RFQ out at the front counter, and my door was open! :-@

She said his eyes got reeeeeeeal big, and she said quietly to him that I'd had a long week....

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Thats what I like about you Mastiff, you dont need to strap a set on, they're already supersized and ya just go for it. Nice.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Chet said:
Thats what I like about you Mastiff, you dont need to strap a set on, they're already supersized and ya just go for it. Nice.
At least it wasn't a citizen...

I really thought it was someone on the phone. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
I've done this too.

My response to the person was at least you know how I really feel and what not to do next time you darken our door.

I did get in trouble for it from above, but hey the guys a dirtbag who represents dirtbags.

Last edited:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Ha Ha! I've been dodging an architect I won't be inviting to make a proposal on an office building we're putting up. Maybe I need to take a few pointers from you on this.