• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

A missing link?

bob jarvis

I am thinking about exploring the possible connections/overlaps between Jane Jacobs and The Judson Church Theatre collective of contemporary dancers/choreographers. Why? Because I have an interest both in her ideas of 'sidewalk ballet' and their approach to dance as ordinary movement. And they were both in more or less the same part of New York and more or less the same time. I speculate about the level of knowledge/contact they might have had. Such possibilities appeal to me. I once wrote a paper speculating on the links between Vladimir Mayakovsky and Thomas Sharp (if you want a copy of that do let me know). Reply here or email me at rkj100@yahoo.com.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Sidewalk ballet?!

I once saw a woman drop her drawers in front of Grand Central Station and went pee pee all over the sidewalk.

One day while in San Francisco recently I saw a guy sitting on the sidewalk shoot up heroin.

Talk about improvisation!