• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A Most Selfserving City List ever

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
;-) :-\ :p How did we miss this press release form Procter & Gamble ;-) :-\ :p
Since at least 23 Cyburbians like talking about hair (at least mullets) and # 3

Infusium 23® Identifies 23 Most Hair Impaired Cities in America
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4PRN/is_2004_March_19/ai_114388472

According to Procter & Gamble research, the 23 Most Hair Impaired Cities in need of Infusium 23 are:

1. Houston, TX
2. New Orleans, LA
3. Los Angeles, CA
4. Memphis, TN
5. Detroit, MI
6. Baltimore, MD
7. Chicago, IL
8. Oklahoma City, OK
9. Tulsa, OK
10. Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
11. Cleveland, OH
12. Long Beach, CA
13. Philadelphia, PA
14. San Diego, CA
15. Buffalo, NY
16. Fresno, CA
17. Washington, D.C.
18. Atlanta, GA
19. Kansas City, MO
20. Austin, TX
21. Nashville, TN
22. Charlotte, NC
23. El Paso, TX

The Most Hair Impaired Cities Index

The Most Hair Impaired Cities were identified by creating an index that combined consumer habits and practices with environmental data specific to each city. Consumer habits and practices were found via a P&G Beauty Care consumer survey that produced 37 million responses, which were then tabulated to determine a value for each city. The preliminary scores for the cities were then weighted equally against quantitative data, measuring environmental conditions including UV levels, relative humidity, precipitation, pollution and population; these two scores were then combined, producing the overall "damage index" ranking each city.

Their website: http://www.infusium.com/contest/over.asp

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
JNA said:
;-) :-\ :p How did we miss this press release form Procter & Gamble ;-) :-\ :p
Since at least 23 Cyburbians like talking about hair (at least mullets) and # 3

Infusium 23® Identifies 23 Most Hair Impaired Cities in America
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4PRN/is_2004_March_19/ai_114388472

According to Procter & Gamble research, the 23 Most Hair Impaired Cities in need of Infusium 23 are:

1. Houston, TX
[/url]
Houston #1 on a bad list again. No surprise there: Previosly they have at the top of the list in pollution, fatness. Wal-Marts per capita and other unhealty indexes.

biscuit

Cyburbian
"Consumer habits." Does that mean cities who's citizens buy the fewest P&G beauty products? Notice that Cincinnati (P&G's home town) isn't on this really, really dumb list.

I think I'm going to create a list of the most Biscuit Impaired Cities in America. And guess what....You are all on it. ;-)

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Houston? Gee, I wonder why ...

jestes

Cyburbian
Would you look at that!!! Finally a list that Mississippi did not rank last in. Yee Ha!

Floridays

Cyburbian
OMG it's a wonder I have any hair left!

I was born in #6

Moved to #8 when I was 12 and spent most of my life there. Also frequent visitor to #9 and #10

Lived/worked for a little over a year in #18.

Save my follicles, please! :-D

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
They forgot the alamo!

Notice that the TX/OK area has all its major cities listed (Houston, D/FW, Austin, El Paso, OKC, and Tulsa) except for San Antonio. They have largely the same environmental conditions, so it must be that San Antonio purchases fewer health care products per capita. This would match with my experience that SA is a "dirtier" city than the others, not because of natural conditions but personal choices.

otterpop

Cyburbian
jestes said:
Would you look at that!!! Finally a list that Mississippi did not rank last in. Yee Ha!
From my experience of my years spent in Mississippi, I have to say that Mississippi has the best-looking and best-groomed women of any place I've ever known. Greenwood and Greenville could be breeding farms for starlets and models. :-}

biscuit

Cyburbian
[ot]
JNA said:
Why just because we don't have a TUDOR'S BISCUIT WORLD :)
http://www.tudorsbiscuitworld.com/menu.cfm
LOL! That's great. "And the franchise opportunity of a lifetime." I've seen several of these along the highways in West Virgina but have never stopped. I may have to to do so during the next trip south.

To tell you the truth however, I don't know it would be work safe for me to list what would be on the menu at an authentic Biscuit World. ;-)[/ot]