• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A new reason to hate the French

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

That's the way to stick it to us stupid Americans;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
This should be interesting with our Canadian counterparts. Realizing the strong French influence in eastern Canada, how does western Canada feel about the US/French relations?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The article reads "Meyssan is the author of a one-time French best seller, "9-11: The Big Lie," claiming that no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military."

Plannergirl - You were there what do you think - no plane crash?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
bwhahahahahahahah stupid ideas carry on... I bet in a few years Bolivians or/and Peruvians are gonna do the same with Chile.... :p (they just CAN'T accept that they lost a war over 100 years ago...)

BTW on the Pentagon crash.. two simple questions: Where's the plane debris? Why was the hole so little?

biscuit

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
bwhahahahahahahah stupid ideas carry on... I bet in a few years Bolivians or/and Peruvians are gonna do the same with Chile.... :p (they just CAN'T accept that they lost a war over 100 years ago...)

BTW on the Pentagon crash.. two simple questions: Where's the plane debris? Why was the hole so little?
Yeah, what's going on with the Bolivians attacking your busses down there?

As for your questions...

1) Planes loaded full of jet fuel going several hundred miles per hour typically don't leave much of anything behind. It all tends to disintegrate.

2) It's not that the hole was so small, it's that the Pentagon is really freaking big.

Cirrus

Cyburbian
I know someone who died in the Pentagon on September 11. Anyone who says there was no crash is a ****ing liar.

The Irish One

Anyone who says there was no crash is a ****ing liar.
Oh no Messiyan and his brilliant sheep (french people) would rather believe the US gov. has some freaking insane idea-conspiracy-master plan to kill its own civilians. That just makes so much sense, doesn't it!

And as for the hole being small in the petagon, are you freaking kidding me? That building is huge and the hole was huge as well. Maybe you missed seeing the footage.

That should put things to scale.

H

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
That is for real. During my time in Peru I heard so much about how “evil” Chileans are. I still get a fairly constant stream of joke emails from some of my Peruvian friends with a Chileans as the punch line some how (not that I feel the same or anything). But even more funny was if you move another country north to Ecuador you hear the same jokes but with a Peruvian on the punch line. This stems from their border disputes.

I guess the point is everyone thinks someone is bad. Without a nemesis and/or scapegoat you would have only yourself to blame. …and that wouldn’t be any fun, now would it? :-S

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
The problem with Bolivia is that the government of Bolivia wants to export Natural Gas to the US, and to do so, they need a port, and the closest and cheapest alternative is a Chilean port. The US company that is in charge of the project of course would want to use a Chilean port (Besides Chile is a safer place to invest than Peru...) So you can see the reason of the fuss, first off they want to "steal" their Gas and "sell" it to us (acordingly to Nationalists there.. We're just gonna charge a bit for them to put the gaseoduct and use the port... nothing else!
Just because we beat the crap outta them in 2 wars in the last century... First it was the Peru-Bolivian Condeferacy War, and later the Nitrate War (where we won the territories that are now the first two regions). And We even went to a war against Spain in 1860 because the Spanish had captured some PERUVIAN islands, and thanks to us we fought against Spain.. We even captured a ship that we later used against the Peruvians in the Nitrate War. (Sorry for the long winded post)

The Irish One: I think this link can shut them stupid frenchies that believe in that stupid conspiracy theory... :) There's nothing wrong with questioning the "truth" a bit, after all if it's really true, all the logical questionings should pose no problems. :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Disappointed

I'm only disappointed that an american company didn't start producing these first. We all know that dissenting political novelties sell well in this country. How about 100 most dangerous Democrats and a matching set of 100 most dangerous Republicans. They could be like baseball cards with stats. You know, MR = Money Raised, SMR = Soft Money Raised, A = Affairs, AA = Affairs Acknowledged, Etc ....

H

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
The problem...
Intresting. I dont have much knowlegde of Bolivia. I have been there, but only to pass through. They are obviuosly hurt by being landlocked.

I was unaware of the gas issue.

I want to visit Chile to have a better grasp of all this (since I have and do work so much in/with Peru and Ecuador). I have friends in Santiago who I met in Quito, Ecuador at a convention. They have invited me to come visit them and cant stop talking about how wonderful Chile is with snow skiing or surfing being both convenient. Not to mention the beautiful landscapes and city life.

I meant to go this summer to snow ski, but that has gotten away from me. Maybe next summer or this winter to hike?

Last edited:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Irish one said:
And as for the hole being small in the petagon, are you freaking kidding me? That building is huge and the hole was huge as well. Maybe you missed seeing the footage.

Right on Irish One.

Not to mention, that jet was not travelling at normal air transit velocities. They went in full bore. A thin aluminum skin travelling 550 mph with 40,000 gallons (im guessing that volume I admit) is going to vaporize. They never found much of things known to be in that section of the building either.

The Irish One

Chet, it is amazing what people will ignore.

Skeleton,

I'm all for questioning and fact finding and it's encouraging to see that you are as well. It is a shock to me that such an ignorant premise for a book could be a best seller in any country -scratch that- for any group of people. I think that you live in South America's lucky country (a compliment) On some level there has to be a sense of pity for that poor land locked basket case known as Bolivia, but still, you got to charge for services. I am completely fascinated by Andean Geography (physical and cultural) and the future that is to come from Central Colombia straight down to Chile.

Budgie, I like that idea, great one.

Budgie

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:
Budgie, I like that idea, great one.
Thanks.

The only thing I don't like about the French (and to an extent, most Europeans) is the lack of daily -- No let's make that weekly cleaning of the body. If you've every been in a field crowded with 100,000 sweaty drunk Frenchies and Brits, you'd know what I mean. It's similar to living near a CAFO.