• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A new twist on the Movie theme...the best 'Bad' movie seen

martini

Cyburbian
Me?

Straight to Hell.
Bad bad bad, but obviously intenionally so. From Alex Cox, the creator of Repo Man. I've got his box set at home, and they're all 'good'. Of course Repo man rules.

I wouldn't call these the best bad movies, but I certainly enjoyed "The Dentist" and "The Stepfather." Just the first ones, not the sequels.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
I agree with Toxic Avenger. Other candidates would be Kung Pow, Pootie Tang, or Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

biscuit

Cyburbian
Jay and Silent Bob Strick Back, Mars Attacks, and pretty much every movie from the seventies featuring Rudy Ray Moore are my favorite "bad" movies.

otterpop

Cyburbian
A new twist on the Movie theme...the best 'Bad' movie seen

I would have to say: "Super Troopers." I rented it thinking it would be really bad, but I laughed a lot. Watched it twice.

SGB

Cyburbian
Let's do the Time Warp, again!

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

'Nough said.

Last edited:

donk

Cyburbian
Chet reminded me of Attack of the Killer Tomatos, rotten movie, but could go rent it today and get a few laughs.

Otterpop, how much did you have to drink to find supertroopers funny? i think I laughed once and it was a sympathy laugh.

moose

OT: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (I haven't seen it) was made by Steve Peace, the CA legislator who spearheaded the deregulation of the power industry in CA a few years back. He also went to high school with my mom-in-law. She was an extra in the movie.

My favorite bad movie was Hot Shots! (first one only)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Don't Be a Menace to Society While Drinkin Your Juice in Da Hood.....

an all-time classic.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
The DVD of Kung Pow is great. Watch the version with what the actor really said before it was dubbed. funny as hell

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
My examples of such good "bad"movies:

Kingpin
Strange Brew
Plan 9 From Outer Space
The Waterboy

Budgie

Cyburbian
Barbarella
Texas chainsaw massacre
Tremors
Raising Arizona
Blair Witch Project
Space Balls

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Big Easy:

I thought I had the Wraith all to myself. Its a Charlie Sheen classic.

I would add to this great list:

Weekend At Bernies
PCU
Bring it On