• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A pleasure to post at Cyburbia

Jen

Cyburbian
Whew I had to get out of that tangled SDMB web I warn you people do not go there - It is the most frustrating place to be - my arm is clenching I want to rant so bad ---Just dont do it

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jen wrote:
Whew I had to get out of that tangled SDMB web I warn you people do not go there - It is the most frustrating place to be - my arm is clenching I want to rant so bad ---Just dont do it

Hey, they're back up! I didn't like the temporary replacement board much, so I stayed away.

A comparison, though ...

Cyburbia - Members: 514, Threads: 810, Posts: 4,246
SDMB - Members: 19,915, Threads: 97,964, Posts: 1,800,610

Granted, they're a general discussion board, and not a topic specific board like Cyburbia, but still ... I'd just like to have a few thousand members, considering all the planners and city geeks out there that are active online. Consider if just 1% of all planners and "city geeks" were regulars here .... that's why I keep on saying "tell your co-workers, tell your friends!"

Jen

Cyburbian
not to be confused w/ BDSM

but SDMB is an online message board with origins to the Chicago Reader and Cecil Adams.

It has about 15 pages of current posts right now - very slooow- right now too.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
I don't like it either. It is too big for me, so many posts to follow, I forget where I posted and end up never following up. Very slow too. And yes, frustrating.