• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

A pleasure to post at Cyburbia

Jen

Cyburbian
Whew I had to get out of that tangled SDMB web I warn you people do not go there - It is the most frustrating place to be - my arm is clenching I want to rant so bad ---Just dont do it

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Jen wrote:
Whew I had to get out of that tangled SDMB web I warn you people do not go there - It is the most frustrating place to be - my arm is clenching I want to rant so bad ---Just dont do it
Hey, they're back up! I didn't like the temporary replacement board much, so I stayed away.

A comparison, though ...

Cyburbia - Members: 514, Threads: 810, Posts: 4,246
SDMB - Members: 19,915, Threads: 97,964, Posts: 1,800,610

Granted, they're a general discussion board, and not a topic specific board like Cyburbia, but still ... I'd just like to have a few thousand members, considering all the planners and city geeks out there that are active online. Consider if just 1% of all planners and "city geeks" were regulars here .... that's why I keep on saying "tell your co-workers, tell your friends!"

Jen

Cyburbian
not to be confused w/ BDSM

but SDMB is an online message board with origins to the Chicago Reader and Cecil Adams.

It has about 15 pages of current posts right now - very slooow- right now too.

planasaurus

Cyburbian
I don't like it either. It is too big for me, so many posts to follow, I forget where I posted and end up never following up. Very slow too. And yes, frustrating.