• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

A wife for Mike Tyson?

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
JANUARY 23--Amanda Rudder, 18, was arrested yesterday by Key West, Florida cops and charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol (she was drinking a Budweiser on the beach, according to the below police report). While that is a run-of-the-mill offense, it's Rudder's booking photo that's so special. With ink like that, young Amanda has left Mike Tyson on the canvas.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I appreciate body art. I really do. I wouldn't get it on myself, but I admire a well-crafted tat ... especially when it's subtle and not overwhelming. Let me appreciate the tattoo itself, not the fact that your whole arm or back or breast is covered.

This, though ... why? Why? Did she really want to kill off 99% of her employment and dating prospects? Those aren't even good tats.

I love the very detailed description of her crimes on The Smoking Gun Web site. A "No $#!7, Sherlock!" moment ...

I took the red and white can labeled "Budweiser," saved a sample and the can and poured the rest of it out. The fluid in the can, based on my training and experience, was beer.

BKM

Cyburbian
Am I wrong-but those tats don't look real. or, if they ARE real, they were certainly not done with real tattoo ink but magic marker ink.

Still, pretty creepy.

Zenith

Cyburbian
Certainly the 'POP$' around the 'gullet' looks like a magic marker job.

I can't get over the malaise (that ain't contentment) in the eyes. A few 'buddies' too many perhaps re the brain cells.

otterpop

Cyburbian
I think tattooing your face is stupid. Nothing says a lifetime of unemployment and welfare like a tattoo on your face.

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
I agree that it doesn't look like real tats...not dark enough or something. IF I were going to get a tattoo on my face, I would make damn sure it was way better artwork than what she has. Looks more like a drunk teenager who had no problem with a buddy writing all over her face with markers. If it is a real tattoo, she probably misspent a lot of money, energy and thought on that 'masterpiece'.

Pretty sharp of the cop to make that deduction about the beer though. That's some place's finest at work.

Zenith

Cyburbian
Well, he has some style about him, unlike POP$ kid :-#

..and Lizard-dude seems together enough to have a pretty well maintained web site too!

biscuit

Cyburbian
What happened to you Key West? You used to be really cool about not hassling the freaks and drunks, you know, but you've changed. Remember when you caught me underage and drinking on your beach? You just told me to put it in a cup so I couldn't get in trouble. That was cool man. Now you catch some girl with some crappy magic marker tats that you don't like and you get all parental and like, "Pour out the can so we can tell if it's beer." Not cool man, not cool... :-b

Last edited:

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
JANUARY 23--Amanda Rudder, 18, was arrested yesterday by Key West, Florida cops and charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol (she was drinking a Budweiser on the beach, according to the below police report).
Wouldn't that be a minor in consumption? Seriously, though those two laws have to be the most ridiculous ones I have ever heard of. First heard of them when I came out to Arizona, and a friend recently got hit with a $500 fine for mip. While I am somewhat biased (being a minor and all), the silliness about alcohol must stop. I personally don't drink, but If someone manages to get their hands on some beer--more power to them.

The criminalization of drinking for 18-21 year olds has probably actually increased alcohol consumption for these age groups. Criminalizing alcohol gives it a "glamor" factor that draws young persons in. Also, would you rather have some kid have a couple at the bar, or get wasted at a kegger? Just something to think about.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Wait a minute! She's 18! she's old enough to screw her face up with "tattoos", but she can't drink "beer" (Budweiser)? Sheesh!
That's ridiculous!