• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Hi there! 👋 Abbreviation

H

Cyburbian
Hello all. This thread is to inform that my user name has currently been shortened to “H” which is short for my previous user name. This was done in response to a need for a less identifiable handle. I will spare the details behind the need, but it is currently necessary. I am not trying to hide, just fly a little lower, so if you want to call me by or refer to me by my name, that is fine. The “H” is fairly noncreative but chosen so that I can be easily recognized by mods and those of you who know me by my previous handle. I am also leaving the avatar the same for this reason.

I apologize in advance for any confusion.

Thanks,

H

PS. SAC, there is no need to change my name on your weather or postcard sites unless you just want to. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
congrats on convincing Dan to shorten your name, Habenero!! ;)

Chet said:
congrats on convincing Dan to shorten your name, Habenero!! ;)
Chet, you are going to confuse people. Either you are not being nice to other cyburbanites or you are doing an excellent job of helping H go into public hiding, what with all the smoke.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michele Zone said:
Chet, you are going to confuse people. Either you are not being nice to other cyburbanites or you are doing an excellent job of helping H go into public hiding, what with all the smoke.
It was meant to be the later. thanks for blowing it. LOL ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Rumpy Tuna said:
OHhhhhhhhhh!! Blowing what?
DONK - I have officially been upstaged as the reigning king of sexual inuendo on Cyburbia.

donk

Cyburbian
Chet said:
DONK - I have officially been upstaged as the reigning king of sexual inuendo on Cyburbia.
???????

I thought you had already been crowned that, unless I say things and others interpret them differently then I meant.

Rem

Cyburbian
Dear Mr/Mrs H.,

Welcome to Cyburbia. I do not know you ;) and I am sure no-one else does either ;).

It is nice to meet new letters of the alphabet here on Cyburbia ;). Please drop in whenever it suits you. I've never been to Texas or NASA ;), I'm sure you haven't either ;). I am wearing my hat made of aluminium foil at the moment so I am sure you can relax here on Cyburbia - where you have never been before ;).

I hope I have done good.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss R.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
???????

I thought you had already been crowned that, unless I say things and others interpret them differently then I meant.
The crown has been passed to Rumpy Tuna.

SGB

Cyburbian
Given the detail of your re-intro, me thinks you are defeating your purpose.

Welcome anyway, H. I'm sure we don't know you. ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Welcome single alphabetic person,
from a triple alphabetic person.

Jen

Cyburbian
what's in a name

I bet your having name change regrets right about now aren't you, arnt'cha achoo ach haj ha H?

biscuit

Cyburbian
Welcome H!
Wow, you sure have a high post count for a newbie. You must be a very dedicated person of indeterminate gender and location.

One question... Is the first name Preparation? ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
What the H do you think you are doing? Seriously, it takes balls to be called a letter. And the letter H at that. You know, you bypassed the common R S T L M and went right for H. Vanna White would be proud. Would you like to buy a vowel?

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Last night, I met this guy online...his name is "H" and he's sooo mysterious. :f: I think he builds cities or something!

"Welcome" and may you enjoy your new life.

H

Cyburbian
I am so delighted that so many people were able to have this much fun with this ;)

Again H was chosen purposely to be recognized by Cyburbia regulars, I am not trying to hide completely, just become less obvious than my previous handle to the occasional onlooker (witch became a small issue). If it were meant to completely hide I would just stop posting :( and I dont want that.

So I shall now be the one known as H. :-D

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
H said:
I am not trying to hide completely, just become less obvious than my previous handle to the occasional onlooker (witch became a small issue).
hee hee - your wife busted you, didn't she? ;)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
I'm waiting for my wife to bust me. She knows I spend time on this board. It's only a matter of time, oh yes, matter of time....

H

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
No, it is sorta professionally related. (but not at my current place of work) Oh well, I have said too much, I guess that is what semi-anonymousness will do. :)

My wife is fully aware of Cyburbia. In fact, she has a rule that she doesn’t want to hear (because she doesn’t care) what is happing here.

It is weird because sometimes I feel like I know you all, even though I don’t. Like when people here have job issues or such, I am generally concerned. I guess that means that I am here too much.

Oh well.

:)