• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Actors that you can't stand.

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
Everybody has actors and actresses that they absolutely cannot stand. (Actually I hesitate to even call them actors - so how about "movie stars"). This can be for various reasons: Lack of talent, overexposure, annoying voice, overpaid, glorification of stupidity, from MTV, etc.

Below are some of the actors that make me sick. 8-{
In fact, I hate them so much in most cases I refuse to see any movie that happens to have them in it.

• Drew "Do I get laid in this movie, too" Barrymore
    Katie Holmes Hewitt
    Lance "Poofer" Bass
    J-Ho
    Jonathan Taylor "Beady Eyed MF" Thomas
    Matt "Wanker" LeBlanc
    Ben Asslick
    Reese Witheredspoon
    Carson "Pasty-faced molester" Daly
    Jennifer "Fingernails on the Chalkboard" Tilly
    Joey "Has Been the Never Was" Lawrence
    Jennifer "Gnarly-face" Aniston
    Julia "Horsemaw" Roberts
    Tara "MTV Poster Whore" Reid
    Jason "Loadman" Biggs

What are yours?

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Ditto on the Jim Carrey. I also like to avoid stuff with (possibly former) soap actors in. I have problems with being overly exposed to bad acting. Or should that be badly exposed to over acting?

He's not an actor, but I hate Tommy Lee, former drummer of Motley Crue. Whenever he's on MTV or VH1, I snarl then change it...... he is just such a reprehensible human being. sigh.

I also hate all the women in Lifetime Movies. Take that, Judith Light (even though I loved Who's the Boss when I was 11).

El Feo

Cyburbian
I'm with the rest on Jim Carey. I also think Alec Baldwin is a pretty darn bad actor.

As for actresses, to each his own, I guess, but I just don't get Gwyneth Paltrow. One of the worst movies I ever saw was "Bounce," with both her AND Ben Affleck. Talk about BAAAAAAAD.

To top it all off, I just don't think she's that attractive. I think she's pale, skinny, and sickly-looking. Eat a couple burgers and wash it down with a few shakes, Gwyneth! Geez!

However, I would be very nice to Gwyneth if she could introduce me to Jennifer Connelly or Andie MacDowell. Or Ashley Judd.

Last edited:

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
I actually keep a running tab but here are three at the top:

Rosie Perez
John Ritter
Sinbad

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Sylvester Stallone - I can't stand him. He is simply the worst actor ever! I can't stand watching anything with him in it, including Rocky. He has no personality and no talent whatsoever. Why this guy continues to get movie roles is beyond me.

Steven Segal - Stallone with a bigger vocabulary

Chris Kattan from SNL - Everytime I see him I want to punch him

Howie Mandel - Hasn't been funny since St. Elsewhere

Steven Baldwin

Rosie O'Donnell - Not really an actress anymore, but if there is one thing I can't stand it is someone who thinks they are funny, but really are not. She has a personality that just grates on me.

el Guapo

Capitalist
I dispise actors in general - these in particular.

While we are all being so polite; that whore Jenny McCarthy.
Susan Sarandon & Tim Robbins
Cher
Tom Arnold - Is his ex still an actress or a lot lizard by now?
Anyone named "Sir" Something_or_other. Monarchy = very stupid idea.
Kathleen Turner - and I don't know why.
Steven Segal - WTFITAA?
Anyone hoping to launch an acting career by going on a reality show and showing how morally bankrupt they are.
John Travolta
Tom Cruise
John Malkovich - I don't want to be him.
Both Darma and Greg

ANDY DICK!

Sinbad is not very funny anymore, but he was a member of Uncle's Green Machine at the same time I was on the same Kassern.

Is it too late to add Keanu Reeves? Since Bill and Ted, his only good roles are the ones that he's not allowed to talk, just shoot guns. he could give al gore lessons in "wooden".

Mastiff

Gunfighter
John Boy

I can't watch anything with Richard Thomas in it... It makes my teeth ache. Hey! John Boy! Get that big assed mole on your face fixed!

Also:
Kirstie "Look who's not acting" Alley
Woody "Honey, I ****** the kids" Allen
Rob "Someone please make me funny" Schnieder
Leonardo "Watching him drown was a highlight" Di Caprio
Reese "Illegally blonde" Witherspoon
Lorenzo "Acitng is an aquired skill I havn't aquired" Lamas
Hugh "Hooker" Grant
Halle "Beauty can be boring" Berry

I tried to hit on ones that I didn't see posted...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: I dispise actors in general - these in particular.

El Guapo said:

John Malkovich - I don't want to be him.
I only liked him in Rounders...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
El Feo said:
I also think Alec Baldwin is a pretty darn bad actor.
Aside from one scene, I agree:

"The question is, 'Do I have a God complex?' Which makes me wonder if this... lawyer... has any idea as to the kind of grades one has to receive in college to be accepted at a top medical school. If you have the vaguest clue as to how talented someone has to be to lead a surgical team. I have an M.D. from Harvard. I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery. I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever, sick at sea. So I ask you: When someone goes in to that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn't miscarry, or that their daughter doesn't bleed to death, or that their mother doesn't suffer acute neural trauma from post-operative shock, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your Bible... Dennis, and you go to your church, and with any luck you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, He was in operating room number two on November seventeenth, and He doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something. I am God."

Alec Baldwin as Dr. Jed Hill, from the movie Malice

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hands down, Kevin Costner is the worst actor. I hate watching movies with him in it.

Any woman with the last name of Tilly in a movie will cause me to skip it.

Almost any SNL person cum movie actor/actress I tend to avoid.

A lot of the actors/actresses I can't stand have already been covered. Although, I have to disagree about John Malkovich... he's an awesome actor. The Sheltering Sky was amazing.

Not that she's a bad actress, but Meryl Streep bugs me. The older she gets, the more shrew-like she becomes.

Anyone from various industries such as modeling, music, and atheletics, who try to cross over into acting (and vice versa). Standouts include:

Don Johnson
Mariah Carey
Cindy Crawford
Elle McPherson
Angie Everhart
Ja-Rule
DMX
Beyonce
Eve
J. Ho
P.Diddy, Puff Daddy, Sean Puffy Combs (or whoever the **** he is this week)
Shaquille O'Neal
Dennis Rodman
O.J. Simpson

Other actors that I despise:

Tom Green (although I did like his show on MTV - very guilty pleasure of mine)
Anyone from these so-called reality shows that try to extend their allocated 15 minutes of fame
Attorneys and Judges turned T.V. actors or whatever

I can go on forever but I'll stop for the time being. :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Hands down, Kevin Costner is the worst actor. I hate watching movies with him in it.
Have you ever seen "Fandango"? One of my favorites, in which he stars... but it's before anyone knew who he was. (Judd Nelson and Sam Robards are in it, too.)

I met him at the Final Four in Charlotte in '95, and got his autograph for a teacher on mine at UofA who was absolutely in love with him. After he signed it, I told him I thought his best acting was done in that movie... It looked like he sucked on a lemon.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Nope... I didn't see that one Mastiff. There were four movies in a row that I thought weren't too bad: The Untouchable, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams.

But then I saw:

Robin Hood (bad acting, bad movie)
Dances With Wolves (bad acting, decent but long movie)
The Bodyguard... or rather 15 minutes of the Bodyguard (BAD acting, TERRIBLE movie)
A Perfect World (bad acting, boring movie)
Wyatt Earp (bad acting, boring movie)
Waterworld (bad acting, bad movie)
The Postman (TERRIBLE acting, bad long boring movie)

I gave up after that... too scared to waste $12.50 CDN to go see a first-run movie with him in it.

Oops....I forgot some

Add Whitney Houston to my list. She and Kevin Costner made a revolting pair in the "Bodyguard."

Also, politicians turned actors and vice versa. No need to list names in this case.........

Last edited:
nerudite said:
Nope... I didn't see that one Mastiff. There were four movies in a row that I thought weren't too bad: The Untouchable, No Way Out, Bull Durham, Field of Dreams.

But then I saw:

Robin Hood (bad acting, bad movie)
Dances With Wolves (bad acting, decent but long movie)
The Bodyguard... or rather 15 minutes of the Bodyguard (BAD acting, TERRIBLE movie)
A Perfect World (bad acting, boring movie)
Wyatt Earp (bad acting, boring movie)
Waterworld (bad acting, bad movie)
The Postman (TERRIBLE acting, bad long boring movie)

I gave up after that... too scared to waste $12.50 CDN to go see a first-run movie with him in it.
You can add: "Tin Cup" (bad acting, HORRIBLE southern accent)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:

You can add: "Tin Cup" (bad acting, HORRIBLE southern accent)
I didn't see that one... gave up by that point. But considering he can't get just about any accent down, I won't doubt your expertise on this matter! :)

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
I am surprised at the Costner reference...Bull Durham and Field of Dreams are top ten sports movie classics. He wasn't awful in Thirteen Days. He wasn't awful in dances with Wolves.

But I guess I see how he can bug people.

Postman, Waterworld, Message in a Bottle, ...

Let me add a couple more, under the actors that annoy me reference, not the actors i think are bad reference:

Holly Hunter
Jeff Goldblum
Alec Baldwin
Barbara Streisand

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:

But considering he can't get just about any accent down, I won't doubt your expertise on this matter! :)
Maybe that's it! He does a very passable East Texas accent, IMO...

I would recommend this movie if you haven't seen it. It has good comedy and drama together. (And you ought to be able to rent it fo $.99, even in Canada!)

Glomer

I thought Alec Baldwin left the country.........Didn't Bush win the election.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Paulie Shore. But then again, maybe you have been fortunate enough not to see any of his movies.

As for Jim Carey, I think it can be hit or miss. Many of his movies have been sophomoric, where he simply acts like an idiot rather than really acts. But then I did enjoy The Truman Show and Liar had its moments.

Michael Stumpf said:
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Paulie Shore. But then again, maybe you have been fortunate enough not to see any of his movies.
But I loved Son in Law!!

and as for Kevin Bacon - I hate him as "the bad guy". and when is Footloose II coming out???

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
KMateja said:

and when is Footloose II coming out???
I heard early 2005. The premise is that Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer settle down and raise a farm-grown family in America's breadbasket, until a tragic combine accident severs a limb. The story revolves around the trials and tribulaitons of a maimed dancer struggling for acceptance.

The working-draft title: Footlost

bturk said:

I heard early 2005. The premise is that Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer settle down and raise a farm-grown family in America's breadbasket, until a tragic combine accident severs a limb. The story revolves around the trials and tribulaitons of a maimed dancer struggling for acceptance.

Thanks for returning the coffee out the nose favor. tears rolling down my face.

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:

You can trace almost every death in the MidWest to a farm implement of some kind. Ever see the Farmer-Homer Simpsons episode. I darn near shat myself when that tractor leaped from the corn field to trap him!

prudence

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:

You can trace almost every death in the MidWest to a farm implement of some kind. Ever see the Farmer-Homer Simpsons episode. I darn near shat myself when that tractor leaped from the corn field to trap him!

Mmmmmm...tomacco. After Bart eats the 1st plant...

Bart: Gimmie. I want more. [grabs back the tomato and eats it]

Lisa: I thought you said it tasted terrible.

Bart: It does. [grinds out the remains of the first tomato] But it's smooth and mild. [grabs another] And refreshingly addictive.