• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Adobe Create help please-

Habanero

Cyburbian
I need to transfer a Word document into Adobe Acrobat. I see that little button you can press to convert, and I did that, but now it's saying there was an error. Ugh.

:(

Anyone know how to fix this?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
What does the message say? What version of Adobe and the distiller do you have? Are you in Office 2000 or Office XP?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
There are a few ways you can do it...

See if you can print to an Adobe Acrobat file. Go to the print box and in the drop down menu where it says the printer name, see if you have Acrobat PDFWriter as a print option. If you don't see that listed as a "printer" you can do to adobe.com and download the printer drivers. I believe they are free.

Adobe also has a thing on their website that allows you to convert something like 3 or 5 documents into .pdf files for free.

Free online conversion site

Habanero

Cyburbian
Ugh, thank you. It's working on every other document except the one I need converted.

It's going through the entire conversion process but when you try to open up the new pdf it says 0 MB.

Oh, and I'm on 2000 and Adobe 5.0-

:)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Ashley:

I'd take jtfortin's advice and try the free web conversion. If it's just the one document, it'll probably save you a lot of hassle.