• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Advice Requested - MIT vs the GSD

I'm hoping to get feedback on your views of the relative merits, reputation, research leadership and professionalism of the planning programs at MIT and the GSD, given my interest in physical planning/spatial aspects in the context of real estate markets, and my desire for a significant component of international exposure. My impression is that the GSD's physical planning-oriented program is relatively new but has acquired a reputation for professionalism, innovation and superior job placement with consulting firms/real estate firms. I liked everyone I met at MIT's City Design and Development (CDD) program, which is their physical program, but i've heard mixed things about their reputation. MIT, on the other hand, has the superior real estate reputation, through DUSP's Center for Real Estate, whilst the GSD's REDC initiative is still nascent and in fundraising mode.

Any further thoughts from the professionals (and others) on this board would be appreciated with the caveat that I need to make my decision by the earlier deadline, which is April 15th.

Thanks.

Go with the GSD!!!! You can still take the real estate courses for credit at MIT, but I'm not sure if you would be eligible for the the certificate they offer upon completion of their real estate program. Your interests are best served by the GSD's program. The studio courses at the GSD are far superior.