• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Agri-business

donk

Cyburbian
I recently attended a rural development conference. Co-ops and agribusiness where a small part. presentations from the conference are available on line.

Another interesting/new progam business venture here is the wine and cider businesses. Laws have recently been changed to allow for growers to brew and sell on site.

Hope these are the types of things you are interested in.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I went to a presentation at lunch today about the amenties provided by farmers, including pick your own food and co-ops, value of open space, agri-tourism etc. Heard about some interesting case studies in Ohio.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
donk said:
.... Laws have recently been changed to allow for growers to brew and sell on site.

Hope these are the types of things you are interested in.
And how could they not be?

Lee Nellis

Cyburbian
The Sonoran Institute has an excellent publication on diversification of ranch operations entitled New Frontiers of Ranching. It is not yet on-line, copies can be ordered from the Institute: 520-290-0828. I would also check with the American Farmland Trust.