• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Ahhhh...New England Weather....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I still can't believe that with the temp near 50 today, this was the scene in town just 2 days ago....

Image courtesy of Tracy McGee, Manchester (NH) Union Leader Correspondent.

Photo Caption: Autumn leaves provide a colorful contrast with the snowy scene beyond at a Mack's Apples pond on Mammoth Road in Londonderry Wednesday.

donk

Cyburbian
we have yet to have any snow. Just a bit of frost and even that has not been too bad. I can use the windshield wipers and fluid to get it off the window.

Either stay warm and dry enough for riding or snow so we can start skiing.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
No snow in Toronto yet, though it looked like it might flurry this morning. Had some in Sudbury last weekend though - didn't stick around long.

statler

Cyburbian
Wow, NHPlanner. What a great photo....pretty much sums up why I love living in NE.

Wednesday morning I woke up, bleary eyed I trudged to the kitchen to let the puppies out and was soooo confused to see that it was snowing SO HARD and we already had 1/2" on the deck railing. Granted, it was all melted by 9am. but still.... at least the dogs were psyched. but they're retarded anyway.

Floridays said:
I'm envious!
This best describes our "fall" weather in South Florida right now:
Ditto for South Louisiana. One of these days, we'll get another cool front,,,,,:\

Jeff

Cyburbian
I hate winter. I really should move someplace warm, where it's summer all the time.

nerudite

Cyburbian
We have flurries and a high of 31F today. It's actually quite nice.

It was clear last night until about 10:00 p.m... amazing green aurora early in the evening (like around 8:00). I love living here on aurora nights. :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Floridays said:
I'm envious!
This best describes our "fall" weather in South Florida right now:
I miss seasons, I miss snow, I miss weather. Yeah, the pool is nice. Still, though, I'm thinking ... fall colors, tossing a football around in the street as the leaves fall, the scrunch of dry snow underneath your feet. I miss that.

Florida's nice. Considering my allegies, and my dog's allergy to Bahia turf, and the desire to go outdoors for more than a few hours at a time without dropping from heat exhaustion, it's time to get out of here.