AICP Application- Criterion 1 help?

GHM

Hi,

I've been in Planning for 5 years and am now able to take the AICP exam next year. I'm working on December's application but am having issues with Criterion 1. I've finished the other two and considered those to be pretty easy to answer using my experience as a current planner. I worked two years in zoning enforcement though, and am trying to tie zoning enforcement experience to criterion 1 so that I can use it in one of my responses. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this essay, or what types of projects/work is typically needed for this essay. Even using my experience as a current planner is giving me difficulty to answer this one...

I may be overthinking it, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Hi,

I've been in Planning for 5 years and am now able to take the AICP exam next year. I'm working on December's application but am having issues with Criterion 1. I've finished the other two and considered those to be pretty easy to answer using my experience as a current planner. I worked two years in zoning enforcement though, and am trying to tie zoning enforcement experience to criterion 1 so that I can use it in one of my responses. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this essay, or what types of projects/work is typically needed for this essay. Even using my experience as a current planner is giving me difficulty to answer this one...

I may be overthinking it, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
application of legal principles, and land use and development regulations.. durr :beers: