• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

AICP application education verification

Lamar

Greetings fellow planners,

I have a question about education verification for AICP. I completed a Master of Urban and Regional Planning in May 2015, but the school has determined that I never applied for graduation and degree was not conferred (I have argued continuously with them that I did apply for graduation). They confirmed I completed all the requirements for the program, but must go through the formal process of applying for graduation. Due to error, unfortunately, my degree will not be "conferred" until May 2018. The director of graduate studies has said she is willing to write a letter on my behalf explaining that I have successfully completed all the requirements and am not required to take any more courses.

My question is, would such a letter be sufficient for AICP education verification or would I actually need the degree in hand?