• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

AICP certificate

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Okay, I just received my AICP certificate which has been redesigned and all I can say is UGLY! It looks like a bad photo copy. White cardstock with black writing and AICP embossed (with no color). For all the money they get, they could have produced a better looking certificate.

el Guapo

Capitalist
STG I bet yours looks better in a $300 Planner's Book Service frame.

Not the best looking thing I ever paid for, but I don't think it looks much worse than my certificate from The Earl Schieb School of Auto Body.

BTW - I wish mine had been signed by Olmstead himself, like Gurnee's was. :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
All I got was a wallet card from The Breckenridge International University of Technical Studies.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
el Guapo said:
BTW - I wish mine had been signed by Olmstead himself, like Gurnee's was. :-D
I thought his was signed by Baron Haussmann. Gurnee must be younger than I thought!

I've got the old certificate: tan paper, maroon AICP logo.and signatures I can't read.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
el Guapo said:
STG I bet yours looks better in a $300 Planner's Book Service frame.

I have the same one as Dan. My old assistant got it framed and matted for $90.

el Guapo

Capitalist
mike gurnee said:
Hey, AICP did not start until 1978...but I am a charter member.
Oh, yeah Gurnee we know your a "Charter" member..wink wink...nudge nudge...know what I mean...know what I mean...

Disclaimer: This post is in no way meant to convey to current employers, possible future employers, or planning clients that Mr. Gurnee is a having a randy and baudy good time in his off hours. Well unless, of course, that is the kind of fellow you are looking for. ;)