AICP CM credit opportunities (free and low-cost)

The One

Cyburbian
AICP Recognized by the Federal Government

I found out last week that the US Health and Human Services Department finally recognized AICP holders as beneficial to the administration of CSBG (Community Services Block Grant) operations.
Any of you working for a nonprofit dealing with CSBG funding should now be eligible to have APA/AICP membership costs covered by your employer.

That's great news for nonprofit types. Do you know if CDBG covers AICP-related expenses? The last nonprofit I worked for in grants admin work wouldn't contribute toward the cost of applying for the test, and by the time I had taken the test and applied, I had already moved on. I don't think they saw AICP as relevant to the work, and in the sense that what I was doing had little to do with land use, they were right.

The One

Cyburbian
Not sure

The only reason it was included for CSBG is because of the new organization standards required by US Dept. of HHS and someone somewhere added AICP. I doubt APA even knows:-{ If they did, it should be front and center of the next email blast.
AICP is showing up in a lot of areas not related to land use. I wonder if anyone else got an A in their Social Planning:-o class? If APA had a clue, they would be pushing these non-traditional uses of AICP and supporting employer recognition.

Anyone have any new CM credit sources? My current employer is extremely stingy when it comes to anything APA related, so I'm bearing the full cost of keeping the certification and paying for CM credits myself. Need a backup in the evant that my National Conference attendance doesn't pan out.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Anyone have any new CM credit sources? My current employer is extremely stingy when it comes to anything APA related, so I'm bearing the full cost of keeping the certification and paying for CM credits myself. Need a backup in the evant that my National Conference attendance doesn't pan out.
Ohio Chapter has the Planning Webcast Series - free & online: http://www.ohioplanning.org/aws/APAOH/pt/sp/development_webcast

Friday at 1 PM Eastern for 1.5 CM per session, which is .25 more than a conference session.

glutton

Cyburbian
Check affiliates as well

Sometimes affiliate groups, like AIA, ASLA, USGBC, ULI, NACTO, Smart Growth America, Transportation for America, the Federal Reserve Banks, and others host either local lectures or webinars you can attend for free. These may offer CM credits sometimes?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Sometimes affiliate groups, like AIA, ASLA, USGBC, ULI, NACTO, Smart Growth America, Transportation for America, the Federal Reserve Banks, and others host either local lectures or webinars you can attend for free. These may offer CM credits sometimes?
From the APA / AICP's Certification Maintenance program

Certification Maintenance (CM) providers are educational organizations approved by AICP to provide continuing education activities and events for CM credits.
All education providers, including APA and its chapters and divisions, must apply to become CM providers.

AICP markets all CM-approved activities through its online CM Search.
Approved organizations are also included in the online directory of CM providers.
CM Provider Search: https://www.planning.org/cm/search/providers/

I needed 12 credits by the end of the year. I watched several recordings on planning.org (free) and was able to get what I needed. I was planning on attending my local Fall APA but went this route instead which permitted one of my planners to then attend.