• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

AICP Exam Update

Coragus

Cyburbian
I just wanted to know if anyone has insider information about when we may hear results from the AICP exam. Any information, please respond. Thanks

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
July

Typically AICP notifies the exam takers of their results during the first 2 weeks of July. Don't expect to see anything earlier. :(

NHPlanner

Staff member
jtfortin wrote:
I think a trained chimp could grade those exams faster than APA.
APA doesn't score them. They hire a testing company to prepare, administer, and score the exams. The usual reason for the length of time to receive results is that once all the scores are tabulated, the exams are then scaled, and the passing score is determined, and all the materials are preparedfor exam takers, etc.

It seems long, but I didn't think it was too unreasonable when I took the exam.

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
Does anyone know if the percentage of those passing/failing are published anywhere? I seem to remember someone telling me that in the lates 90's the passing rate was in the 70%'s? That seems pretty high for a national certification test?

NHPlanner

Staff member
Check with your Chapter Professional Development Officer.

I remember that when I got the results last year there was an insert breaking down pass/fail nationally and by chapter. PDO's should probably have access to that info.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I guess that two months is not terrible, I am just anxious to find out if I passed. With all of the advances in technology, you would think they could do this in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I also heard they were switching to a computer-based test sometime in the future...maybe that will speed up the process.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Maybe they'll be stupid like last year and update their membership roster on the web prior to notifying applications that they passed - might want to check that out.

alan-h

Has anyone tried to look at the APA directory yet?

I was wondering if anyone on the board has checked and seen if their membership changed from APA to AICPon the APA site. I guess this was about the time last year people noticed the change before receiving it in the mail.

Top Bottom