• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

AICP Notification

jestes

Cyburbian
Has anyone who applied to sit for the AICP this year heard back from them yet? It has been nearly two months since I sent in my application and no word yet.

el Guapo

Capitalist
[/FAICP]Everyone who will be taking the AICP exam this spring take one step forward....Not so fast there Mr. Cardinal[/FAICP]
;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
[/FAICP]Everyone who will be taking the AICP exam this spring take one step forward....Not so fast there Mr. Cardinal[/FAICP]
;)
That would be just like AICP... too many comments about how poorly APA serves its members. :-0

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Well then, I propose the next logical extension of AICp and FAICP....

F-UAICP! ;)

mdh

Have you tried checking the status of your application online at the AICP website? It should tell you if you are approved or not. At the very least, you'll know if it is still being reviewed.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
mdh said:
Have you tried checking the status of your application online at the AICP website? It should tell you if you are approved or not. At the very least, you'll know if it is still being reviewed.
According to the website my application is "pending and under review"

I also noticed a typo under the date my application was submitted. shows my application was submitted in 2040-01-07

2040!! What's up with that. Anyone have this problem?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
PlannerByDay said:
According to the website my application is "pending and under review"

I also noticed a typo under the date my application was submitted. shows my application was submitted in 2040-01-07

2040!! What's up with that. Anyone have this problem?
It's no problem. It simply means that the APA will notify you in time to sit for the exam in 2040.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
It's no problem. It simply means that the APA will notify you in time to sit for the exam in 2040.
OH Great I'll be like 70 then.

With that kind of experience I should be able to pass it, unless I am all forgetful and stuff at that age.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Well the APA said they would notify applicants of the approval or denial of the AICP Exam within 6 weeks, and I never got an e-mail or letter.

SO I just checked the APA website to check my application process and it looks like my "Application has been approved"

YIKES it is all down hill from here. I figured I would be approved but now I am nearly committed to taking the "EXAM" :-c

How about you all? Are you ready?

jestes

Cyburbian
I too went to the website and discovered that my application had been approved. Now, my next question is this...How/when will I be notified of or allowed to set a testing date and place? Any of you who have been through this process please chime in.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
They say I am missing some information. Hello? Was anybody going to bother telling me so I might do something about it? Once again, they took my money ($60) and have given me NOTHING in return. The incompetence of APA, AICP and the administration of the organization is unbelievable. Can we have a recall election?

el Guapo

Capitalist
AICP-eBay

What am I bid for my AICP study kit?
If any one is interested, I'll make a list of all the items I have. Then you can start the bidding wars.

Don't forget shipping costs when calculating your bid. ;)

PS - It worked for me. See prior AICP threads o:)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
What am I bid for my AICP study kit?
If any one is interested, I'll make a list of all the items I have. Then you can start the bidding wars.

Don't forget shipping costs when calculating your bid. ;)

PS - It worked for me. See prior AICP threads o:)
No reserve?

$0.13 (Canadian)