• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

AICP vs AIA

michaelskis

Cyburbian
[boxing announcer]

In this corner, the person who designs corners and window placement. AIA Arechitect

And in this corner, the guy who required a street corner, the AICP Planner. (Crowd Goes Wild)

In what situations would one be better than the other? For example, if an AIA got in a bar fight with and AICP, who would win.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
AICP with a public sector planner who has been in the profession for a while. We have fought the street fights.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
AIB Whose Yur Planner -

AICP public sector planner can go the length -12 rounds - has had endured fights at/with the

1 -counter, 2 - plan commission, 3 - BZA, 4 - neighborhood associations, 5 - city council, 6 - media, 7 - site visits, 8 - other departments, 9 - state, 10 - feds, 11 - town next door, & 12 - Karen

Bubba

Cyburbian
...has had endured fights at/with the

1 -counter, 2 - plan commission, 3 - BZA, 4 - neighborhood associations, 5 - city council, 6 - media, 7 - site visits, 8 - other departments, 9 - state, 10 - feds, 11 - town next door, & 12 - Karen
^^^I provided a verbal recommendation yesterday for a former employee who is up for a position with her childhood hometown - one of the big things they asked about was my opinion on her ability to do this.

DVD

Cyburbian
The AICP at least thinks about the children. Then smacks them and makes them cry.

I'll take drinking with AICP over AIA any day, but if you really want to part join the CFM crowd.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
An AICP will talk to you endlessly by sharing the globalocity of their knowledge, whereas an AIA will just tell you that you're stupid.

Top Bottom